In GroupWise 8 I was able to set up a rule that if I received an email to one of my nickname email addresses that I could create an email sent to my cell phone as a text message using my number,, or This has been helpful for certain system events so that even though I receive the email, the text message is attached to items requiring a higher priority.

Since upgrading to GW 2012 (SP2) I'm finding that this feature does not work as it used to. On my upgrade I also migrated to a new server so tried to use a clean OFVIEWS folder. For Verizon and AT&T I can generate a direct email to the text message destination, and the message goes through, but if I try to create a rule to automatically generate a message it processes through GWIA but never reaches the destination. Sprint on the other hand, even when creating the direct email creates a bounce back that the destination is actively blocking the source address.

Now the next level of oddity is that if I go into the address book, add the mobile number and carrier to a contact, I am able to successfully able to send text messages to ALL carriers that I've tested which consisted of Verizon, AT&T and Sprint. I've looked at the outgoing message contents and tried to copy it from a general email but get the same results that I just described. Does anyone know of a way to automate sending a text message on receipt of a certain email?