Hello there folks!

I'm pretty new to the topic of C3PO, GW and all the Novell stuff and one of my tasks was to "code an export mechanism for GW8 thats lats us save e-mails to our storage system". Ok, that was a hammer. But wrapping my head around it and starting to error out the things got me pretty far and I guessed it was tutorial material. So here we go:

@Moderators: Please don't delete this. I need some time to wrap it all up.

This tutorial is intendend for C# only. I don't like VB and I'm too dumb for C++ so if you need it for another dialect you need to work it out your self.

Agenda:
  1. Needed packages
  2. C3PO wizard
  3. Loading to Visual Studio 2010
  4. Needed Imports/References
  5. Simple MessageBoxing
  6. Get Messages and stuff them into Lists
  7. Export single Messages
  8. Export multiple messages
  9. Registering and caching the .DLL
  10. Testing (please help me with a better way here)

1. Needed packages
  • the novell-gwc3po-devel-2012.11.15.zip file (unzip this after downloading)
  • an installed version of Visual Studio 2012 C# (or if you want to work with a different dialect choose another)
  • cmd access to some of the registering tools:
    It may be the best thing to set tose paths up in you env variables. Allthough when running the cmd with administrator privileges you can't use regasm from env variables and need to cd to the directory.
    • RegAsm (regasm.exe): C:\Windows\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v4.0.30319 (the version depends on the target)
    • GACUtil (gacutil.exe): C:\Program Files(x86)\Micrsoft SDKs\Windows\v7.0A\Bin\NETFX 4.0 Tools\ (this path is also dependent on your target framework version, I chose .NET4)
    • StrongName (sn.exe): C:\Program Files(x86)\Micrsoft SDKs\Windows\v7.0A\Bin\NETFX 4.0 Tools\ (this path is also dependent on your target framework version, I chose .NET4)
  • a good beverage :D (you should obtain multiple of these :D)

2. The C3PO wizard

Loading to Visual Studio 2010

Needed Imports/References

Simple MessageBoxing

Get Messages and stuff them into Lists

Export single Messages

Export multiple messages

Registering and caching the .DLL

Testing (please help me with a better way here)