Home

Results 1 to 4 of 4

Thread: eDirectory8.8-SP8 (SLES11,HYPERV) crash after stopping XDAS

Threaded View

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Posts
    6

    eDirectory8.8-SP8 (SLES11,HYPERV) crash after stopping XDAS

    Hello,

    can somebody help us, has somebody any idea what could be the reason for the following behavior?

    we have the problem, that one of our 4 eDirectory8.8 SP8-servers in SLES11 (Patchlevel 2) on HYPERV cores (couple of hours) after we stop the "xdasauditds"-modul
    (the fact that this server did not not crash in the period of more than 6 weeks in which no "xdasauditds" was running, make us think that xdasauditds
    is the reason for the crashes).

    the another three eDirectory-server on SLES11 do not have any problems with xdasauditds running or afterwards (after stopping xdasauditds).
    one of these three servers has also IDM4.0.2.0-DirXML-Drivers running as the "problematic" one, but no crashes occur on this server.

    On the server which has problems with XDAS, we audit approximately 1 Million events per 8 hours (we stop xdasauditds after 8 hours)

    ->
    what we noticed, is that ndsd.log contains "src/system-alloc.cc:423] SbrkSysAllocator failed." - logs
    (this failure occurs also if ndsd does not crash and occurs with no xdasauditds running)

    -> we took look into https://forums.netiq.com/archive/index.php/t-630.html and checked:
    rpm -qlv novell-edirectory-jclnt
    drwxr-xr-x 2 root sys 0 Sep 4 10:42 /opt/novell
    drwxr-xr-x 2 root sys 0 Sep 4 10:42 /opt/novell/eDirectory
    drwxr-xr-x 2 root sys 0 Sep 4 10:42 /opt/novell/eDirectory/lib64
    drwxr-xr-x 2 root sys 0 Sep 4 10:42 /opt/novell/eDirectory/lib64/jclnt
    lrwxr-xr-x 1 root sys 17 Sep 4 10:42 /opt/novell/eDirectory/lib64/jclnt/libjclnt.so -> libjclnt.so.0.0.0
    lrwxr-xr-x 1 root sys 17 Sep 4 10:42 /opt/novell/eDirectory/lib64/jclnt/libjclnt.so.0 -> libjclnt.so.0.0.0
    -rwxr-xr-x 1 root sys 199184 Aug 29 11:45 /opt/novell/eDirectory/lib64/jclnt/libjclnt.so.0.0.0
    (it does not seem that some libjclnt.so-link is missing)

    -> I attached the stack-traces from the gdb-results from debugging the core-file and also the error report file correlated to the core dump.

    Thanks
    Attached Files Attached Files

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •