Good morning

My customer reported seeing the following when trying to remote into a workstation.

"The managed device was unable to initialize Novell encryption scheme for the session. Ensure that the managed device is UTC time synchronized with this system. If the problem persists, contact Novell Technical Services Source: ZENworks 11; ZENworks Configuration Management; Remote Management. Possible Cause: The managed device has been upgraded or registered and this information might not be updated in the registry of the managed device. Action: When the managed device is upgraded or registered, do the following: 1. Update the domain name of the new CA certificate in the registry with the new details: Key: HKLM\Software\Novell\ZCM Value: CASubject 2. Import the CA certificate of the new zone to the trusted root certificate store. 3. Remove the CA certificate of the old zone from the trusted root certificate store. Possible Cause: The managed device has been moved to a new Management Zone. Action: Manage the device from the new Management Zone".

This is another message received:

"You can see the workstation is up and available through the ZCC Console, but when you try to connect you get the error message below: "The managed device was unable to initialize Novell encryption scheme for the session. Ensure that the managed device is UTC time synchronized with this system. If the problem persists, contact Novell Technical Services" The first time we saw it I had Rene go to the machine in question and once he logged on I could remote to the workstation. With respect to the second one, It's been more than an hour and a half and I"m still getting the error when trying to connect and there's no one to let me in the area to get to the workstation. I've tried to refresh the workstation from ZCC and that fails as well as trying to issue a reboot."

Has anyone else come across remote control issues with 11.2.4?

Thank you,

-Dan