Thread: Multiple copies of Patch Bundles

Threaded View

Multiple copies of Patch Bundles

To make sure that patches download correctly I've been clicking "Update Cache" on selected patches to download them then making "Deploy Remediation" Bundles as and when required (sometimes I want 2-3 patches in an overall Bundle, sometimes just the one hence why I might run the wizard multiple times).

However for some reason I can't explain I'm getting duplicate copies of the patch Bundles in the ZPM folder and it seems all the Remediation Bundles are running patches twice (sometimes 3 maybe even 4 times!)

For example I've got this for Java...

Oracle Java JRE 1.7.0_51 for Windows (Update) (All Languages) (See Notes)314653555
    Oracle Java JRE 1.7.0_51 for Windows (Update) (All Languages) (See Notes)507229423

Is this normal as it seems to make any Patch Bundles take twice as long to run but the actions within the two Bundles listed above look identical? I've had a support case opened before but was left with a "wait for 11.3" answer which doesn't help me right now while we're on 11.2.3a (I'm aware 11.3 is out now but upgrading in the middle of the year isn't feasible)
    Last edited by gshaw0; 10-Mar-2014 at 06:30 PM.
    ZCM 11.3.1 on VMware| SQL 2008 database | 5 primary servers over 4 sites | 2500+ Windows 7 images deployed using *lots* of scripting
    Check out my blog http://gshaw0.wordpress.com - ZCM imaging and other tech stuff