Home

Thread: Move Datasync users from eDirectory to Active Directory

Question Move Datasync users from eDirectory to Active Directory

Groupwise Mobility Service 2.0.1

Hello,

I just upgraded a client to Groupwise 2014 and was able to repoint users to Active Directory without issue. My client wishes to decommission eDirectory and maintain Groupwise with Active Directory. The trouble I am having is to determine the best way to move the DataSync users to also point to Active Directory.

I have changed the LDAP settings to Active Directory and am able to get Web Admin authentication working, but when searching the mobility connector logs I see all users failing authentication as they are trying to use their DN from eDirectory (e.g. cn=user,ou=<ou>,o=<o>) rather than the DN for Active Directory.

What is the best way to repoint existing DataSync users to Active Directory?

Re: Move Datasync users from eDirectory to Active Directory

BTW, The users were synchronized from eDiretory to Active Directory with IDM so account IDs and passwords are the same in both directories.

Quote Originally Posted by dlpowell View Post
    Groupwise Mobility Service 2.0.1

Hello,

I just upgraded a client to Groupwise 2014 and was able to repoint users to Active Directory without issue. My client wishes to decommission eDirectory and maintain Groupwise with Active Directory. The trouble I am having is to determine the best way to move the DataSync users to also point to Active Directory.

I have changed the LDAP settings to Active Directory and am able to get Web Admin authentication working, but when searching the mobility connector logs I see all users failing authentication as they are trying to use their DN from eDirectory (e.g. cn=user,ou=<ou>,o=<o>) rather than the DN for Active Directory.

What is the best way to repoint existing DataSync users to Active Directory?

Re: Move Datasync users from eDirectory to Active Directory

Quote Originally Posted by dlpowell View Post
    BTW, The users were synchronized from eDiretory to Active Directory with IDM so account IDs and passwords are the same in both directories.
    I have this up, even if it could be considered a little Rube Goldberg. It seems that Datasync is not compatible with Active Directory LDAP so had to put together a couple of posts to get this to work. Big shout out to Danita for a post that sent me to the right track

For the Datasync users just set authentication to Groupwise. Then Groupwise determines where the users authenticate and Datasync works like a charm.

For the Webmain Admin you have to go outside the box and just treat it a s down LDAP server. In that case the documentation suggests login with the root users and the root password for the hosting SLES VM. Using that gives me full admin access to the webmin administration console.