I am working on a login script and I am trying to program some failover into the script. I have two identical servers and I am trying to get the login script to launch a .bat file from sys:\public on one of the two servers. Since they are search drives, the batch file is launched, even if one of the two servers is down - this part works great. The problem I am having is when one of the two servers is down, even with MAP ERRORS OFF at the top of my script, the login script still refuses to close, giving me a "LOGIN-LGNWNT32-890: The specified server is unknown" error. Am I doing something wrong? Is there any way to have the script ignore this error and close automatically? The MAP ERRORS OFF command doesn't seem to be working as I understand it should.... I have tested with Client 2 SP3 IR5 and IR6 with the same result on both... I also notice that I get a message about drive mappings being deleted, even with MAP DISPLAY OFF, although these lines do not cause the script to hang open...

The pertinent parts of the login script are as follows... (names changed to protect the innocent)

Code:
NO_DEFAULT
MAP ERRORS OFF
*** HIDE SEARCH DRIVE MAPPINGS
MAP DISPLAY OFF
MAP INS ROOT S1:=apps1.domain.com/SYS:\public
MAP INS ROOT S2:=apps2.domain.com/SYS:\public
MAP DISPLAY ON
*** OTHER MAPPINGS HERE
#appsmaps2.bat
MAP DISPLAY OFF
MAP DEL S2:
MAP DEL S1:
And the specific error in the login script window is

Code:
APPS1.DOMAIN.COM
LOGIN-LGNWNT32-890: The specified server is unknown
The directory for drive Z: was deleted and the mapping was removed.

Thanks!