I've been challenged with HKLM edit failures on some of my bundles. After opening an SR and doing a little more digging, I've discovered that MS is doing some permission changes in the registry that ZCM doesn't seem to be able to overcome, even with System user.

Two examples:

1. Trying to disable the Network Location Wizard: HKLM\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\Network\Netw orkLocationWizard
All users/groups have been removed from the list (including SYSTEM and Administrators); And "Authenticated Users" is the only group with any rights, and it has Read, not Full Control.

2. Set the IEframe.dll location for IE: HKLM\SOFTWARE\Classes\TypeLib\{EAB22AC0-30C1-11CF-A7EB-0000C05BAE0B}
SYSTEM and Administrators have lost Full Control, overriding what they had one level up. And TrustedInstaller is the only "user" with Full Control.

As onerous as it would be, I figured I could overcome these one-offs with a regini command/file. That worked for the first example, but not for the second.

Has anybody else encountered this? And is there a reliable way to overcome the problem?