HI Everybody,

Ok the scenario .... I have alot of devices (appliances, Spam, Proxies, VMWare -hosts, etc etc), now on these devices i cannot install the agent nor inventory only (no Root access from vendor etc etc ..weird linux os's etc etc).
Point being i WANT these devices in my ZCM System/inventory, so i can report on them and have them inventoried in ONE place, makes sense right?

Cool there is a button that says "Add Device", you give it a name (created a key for "Appliances"). and whalla it is there.... but that is about it ... i can only change very few details on the summary tab, like location, serial etc etc .. don't get me wrong i know zcm cannot do ANYTHING with it as it does not have any kind of agent on it .... BUT i would have loved it if we could edit the inventory for the device, to add our own details for the device!!?..wouldn't that be great??!! stuff like Ip purpose, spec etc etc, MAYBE it's possible i just dont know how?...

besides that, i have added a few such appliances, BUT i CANNOT for the live of me get them in a report to list them, THE ONLY way so far is a screenshot!!!! (red face) ...i have tried everything i can think of, every report just comes up blank .. even as simple as report all in that Zenworks (Folder) .. it show nothing ... so own could argue it is not in the inventory....BUT i cannot add the same Serial Number for 2 devices..so it must be register somewhere right?....

Please guys/girls?

PS. OH maybe somebody that can do something about this sees it ... on the inventory details of devices, please can a field/fields be added so one can say what this device is actually doing, (Groupwise Server PO 20, or MSSQL for Remedy, OR Proxy Server, or Filr) etc.... currently i am using the "email field for this" ...