I am using desktop client 1.1 on Windows 7 SP1 x64 with Filr 1.1 servers.

On Desktop client I opened the Filr console and removed 'My Files' from the list of synchronized folders. I received a warning that files will be deleted, and indeed, after confirming, the directory "C:\Users\<username>\Filr\My Files" was gone. Then I opened the Filr console again and added back My Files. I received a warning that it contains a large amount of data (which is true, it is about 515 MB) and confirmed that I still want to sync this folder. The desktop client goes to 'Synchronizing' state for a couple of minutes, but when it completes, "My Files" does not appear under "C:\Users\<username>\Filr.

I uninstalled the desktop client, deleted C:\Users\<Username>\Filr and re-installed the client. It ended with warning that nothing is configured for being synchronized. I went to Filr console and added "My Files" and "Shared with Me" to the list of synchronized folders. "Shared with me" synchronized successfully, but "My Files" still do not appear.

There are no alerts under "System alerts" in Filr console.

Should I open a SR, or am I overlooking something obvious? Has this happened to someone else?