We have used iPrint on our old fully patched (including iprntnw65sp8f.zip) server for years. Win2k/XP/7 clients, both secured and unsecured printing with only 2 printers. I have used IE to upload printer drivers for Windows clients, but cannot for the life of me work out how you go about setting up a printer for a MacBook Air (with latest OS X version), I've never even used a Mac before yesterday.

I have managed to get the iPrint client installed (v5.76) but there are no drivers installed on the server so I can't install any printers.

I can't log in to iManager from the MAC as the browser (chrome) isn't supported so I can't upload the drivers (I have managed to get the drivers installed manually on the Mac from the internet).

I have turned off Sandboxing in CUPS after reading in another thread about it causing issues in the latest OSX version.

I've tried manually adding a printer (address: our IP address, protocol: Internet Printing Protocol - IPP, Queue: /ipp/Ricoh) which seems to talk to the server for something as it fills in the Location field but printing just hangs.

I only have one Mac, all I need to do is install iPrint (think this is done) point it to an existing printer and link it to an already installed local driver, can anyone guide me through it? Mac specifics in the docs all I could find was installing the iprint client, nothing about setting up printers. I've even tried uploading a ppd to the server using iprntcmd -u but that fails as well.

Any help would be gratefully received.