HKCU Registry Edit fails (System as user) on RDP

Hi folks.
    Can anyone confirm the following potential bug (or just my user error):

Running Zenworks 11.2.3a.
    • Create a empty windows bundle
    • Create a REGISTRY EDIT action in LAUNCH
    • HKCU / Software / TestKey
    • Run as SYSTEM, but use logged in user hive instead of .default

Perform a remote connection to a test PC using RDP (not Zenworks Remote) as a non admin user (but a user who is a member of the Remote Adminstrator Group).

When trying to launch the above bundle, the following error occurs:
    In the action "Registry Edit", the operation on key "HKEY_USERS\\Software\TestKey" failed due to the following error - "The specified path is invalid. at Microsoft.Win32.RegistryKey.Win32Error(Int32 errorCode, String str) at Microsoft.Win32.RegistryKey.CreateSubKey(String subkey, RegistryKeyPermissionCheck permissionCheck, RegistrySecurity registrySecurity) at Microso".
    Specifically, you can see that the users SID is not referenced in the HKEY_USERS path when trying to write the key.

• If we perform the same actions when logged onto the machine with the same user, but NOT remotely (i.e. actually at the workstation), there is no problem.
    • If we perform the same actions remotely with an administrative user (one who is at least in a nested local admin group), there is no problem.

It also seems to affect the "DELETE REGISTRY KEY" action - although no error is displayed (I assume the "do not show error if attempting to delete a key that does not exist" issue was resolved), the key is NOT deleted. I would assume that any registry operation where the SYSTEM user attempts to modify the logged in user's key on a remote desktop session will results in an error.

I'll raise an SR if anyone confirms I'm not being stupid, but I admit not many people are likely to see this issue.
    Last edited by ClemClark; 13-Nov-2014 at 05:07 PM.