Hi I'm looking for some help with an issue with the Novell Client running on Windows 7.

We are in the process of rolling out Win7 to users, we are installing the Novell Client 2 SP3 IR9 and logging in to eDir 8.8 with Netware 6.5 and OES servers for data. Our workstations are managed by Zenworks 10.3.4.

We are getting reports of users having blank NAL windows, upon investigation it appears that the Novell Client login process is not running fully. A user will login via the Novell Gina contextless login enabled and no errors are encountered, the login process completes but the login script is not run so no drives are mapped, the single sign on to Zenworks does not run so no policy or ZCM bundles are delivered. We also use Groupwise and SecureLogin, both applications are configured to take the Novell login credentials so both will prompt for a manual login. We can manually login to Novell vie the Red N and the same for Zenworks but this should be all integrated.

This does not happen every time, a user may experience this issues and have to reboot 2 or 3 times before the login is successful. To date I have not found any commonalities between the devices, users or locations it appears to be random. I have tried turning off WiFi, eliminating docking stations etc. but its the same behavior. Initially I had incorporated Novell Client SP3 IR6 but I upgraded this due to a lot of blue screens when changing NIC, the behavior has remained the same with both versions. There is no on screen errors that indicate a failure, any idea what could be the cause or where I could look to figure it out. Any help would be appreciated.