I have a user who has problems reconnecting to network.

Client (laptop): Windows 7 SP1 x64, Novell Client 2 SP3 IR9
Server: OES11 SP2.

In the evening, user undocks their laptop and goes home with it. She doesn't shut down the laptop, it just goes to sleep. This morning when she came back to office, she couldn't reconnect to network drives.

Drive letters in Windows explorer had red x on them and clicking on a drive gave a message that network drive is unavailable. Novell Connections in system tray shows that user is connected to the tree and to a server (not the same server from where drive mappings are made).

Tried Novell Login from system tray menu, all network drives failed to map with error code c00000033. Found TID7012350, but this doesn't look like it applies to C2 SP3 IR9. Anyway, Name Resolution is set to DNS and SLP. I could ping the server by name, and the server is listed in output of SLPINFO /a.

I tried using "Map network drive" from the system tray menu, but this also failed. I couldn't even map network drive in command prompt by "net use \\ipaddress\volume".

At the same time, I could successfully map drives from another Netware server on the network.

What could it be? It looks like the Novell Client has decided not to talk to this particular server no matter what. This resembles an effect of Bad Address Cache, except that the setting to enable/disable bad address cache is not even present in C2 SP3 IR9. I also looked in registry under HKLM\Software\Novell\Client\Parameters and Bad Address Cache settings are not present there either.

In Novell Remote Manager there were no connections listed with that IP address that could somehow disrupt communication.

Another piece of information that may be relevant - when the user undocked the laptop yesterday evening, she left files open from network drive.

I upgraded the client to IR10, but I'm not quite convinced this has anything to do with the problem.

Any other ideas on how to troubleshoot this are appreciated.