Patch-Smart / Patch-UNsmart
I think Novell has some work to do fine-tuning Patch Management.
Is there any documentation concerning "Patch-Smart features" of ZCM Patch Management? ….
Notes from Oracle Java SE Runtime Environment (JRE) 7 Update 72…
• Default settings for Patch-Smart commands for this update: Update AutoUpdate=Disable
• All supported Patch-Smart commands for this update: Update AutoUpdate=Enable (32-bit only) AutoUpdate=Disable (32-bit only) CloseIfRunning=True
• Will not upgrade static mode installations
• Will patch-in-place any updates belonging to the same JRE family that are not a static installation
• This update will always install into the default location, even if a non-default location was utilized
Some of these commands seem very relevant for distribution/deployment….
Best regards, Mads
Tags for this Thread