Thread: ZCM 11.3.2 Dynamic Group Refresh VMX (VMWARE)

Threaded View

ZCM 11.3.2 Dynamic Group Refresh VMX (VMWARE)

When selecting "Windows 7 Workstation Group" and triggering a Group Membership update after registering a new workstation to the ZCM zone, the server does not allow other workstations to refresh, logins become slow, icons and apps do not show, server becomes somewhat unresponsive and the ZCM Services have to be taken offline and brought back on again. when zcm services are restarted all is well, the workstations refresh and everything is back to normal.

I have done the refresh and waited between 15-25 Minutes with no luck. I have to restart services. I know the Group Update Membership is a server intensive task, however 25 Minutes? This was never the case on the 11.2.4 Server...I was at 11.3.1 FRU1 prior had the same issue.

Server Config:

ZCM 11.3.2 running on ESXi

4 x vCPU's
    12 GB's Ram (Going to add more tonight)
    2 vDisks - 60% free on Primary, %75 free on content repo.

Tomcat & Java - Tuning has been done (Problem existed before and after)

Currently have 43 Workstations in Windows 7 group (I am in the middle of transitioning from 11.2.4 on an eDir Suse Server)

Patch Management enabled - Assigned to Windows 7 Workstation Group

8 Patch Bundles / Policies attached to Windows 7 Workstation Group (The patch Management is set to distribute & Refresh / Run at 4:00 AM);

Adobe Patch Policy
    Apple Patch Policy
    Microsoft Dot Net
    Microsoft Internet Explorer
    Microsoft Office 2010 32bit
    Mozilla - Patch Policy
    Notepad ++ Patch Policy
    Windows 7 Critical System Updates

6 - Windows Bundles, 2 are run once bundles, 1 runs at logon, the rest are software installers that do not ever run unless manually triggered. (Citrix, office, Firefox)
    Last edited by MCCFL_MLA; 12-Jan-2015 at 09:28 PM.