On 1/30/2015 6:16 AM, michaelkuerschner wrote:
>
> Hello,
>
> we have NFR 2.5 installation with mutiple bindings to Windows and OES
> servers. The scans works well and we received information inside the
> databases (PG 9.2). I created some reports which will be work in the
> preview mode. The next step to schedule the reports fails. There are no
> reports inside the "stored reports" section. I reconfigure the log level
> to debug and see an error inside the report generation "Report
> generation completed with errors or warnings for report
> SERVER_FS_filextension: System.NullReferenceException: Object reference
> not set to an instance of an object. at
> SRSReportGenerator.SRSReportGenerator.ReportThread (Object obj)".
>
> Which are the next steps to fix this issue? Is there an other way to
> analyse the problem? I get the same error level for all reports on the
> system. I try also to delete these reports and recreate a new one.
>
> Here you found a trace from the report generation:
> -------------------
> 01 2015-01-27 15:38:00 3600 5 800c 2848 3000 Sched, ST: Removed task
> AgentManagerService Scheduled Task 3 from schedule queue.
> 01 2015-01-27 15:38:00 3600 8 8010 2848 4588 SQL: SQL Processing SQL
> stored procedure: 'srs.add_scan_active_task_entry', Param 0 (): '<?xml
> version="1.0"
> encoding="UTF-8"?><ScanScheduleSetupTask><TaskType>2</TaskType><ScanType>2</ScanType><ScheduleID>283</ScheduleID><PolicyID>17</PolicyID></ScanScheduleSetupTask>',
> Param 1 (): '0'
> 01 2015-01-27 15:38:00 3600 5 800c 2848 4588 Sched, RT:
> ScanSchedulerService Scheduled Task 283 executed, Result = 0.
> 01 2015-01-27 15:38:00 3600 5 800c 2848 4588 Sched, RT: This is the last
> execution for ScanSchedulerService Scheduled Task 283.
> 01 2015-01-27 15:38:00 3600 5 0005 2848 748 SSC: Starting initial setup
> for report definition 17, schedule 283, type: 2...
> 01 2015-01-27 15:38:00 3600 5 0005 2848 748 SSC: Dispatching scheduled
> report, schedule 283, report definition id 17...
> 01 2015-01-27 15:38:00 3600 8 8010 2848 748 SQL: SQL Processing SQL
> query: 'SELECT * FROM srs.report_definitions WHERE id=?', Param 0 ():
> 17
> 01 2015-01-27 15:38:00 3600 8 8010 2848 748 SQL: SQL Processing SQL
> stored procedure: 'srs.add_report_in_progress_entry', Param 0 (): '17',
> Param 1 (): '1', Param 2 (): '0'
> 01 2015-01-27 15:38:00 3600 8 8010 2848 748 SQL: SQL Processing SQL
> stored procedure: 'srs.add_scan_active_task_entry', Param 0 (): '<?xml
> version="1.0"
> encoding="UTF-8"?><ReportExecutionTask><ReportDefinitionID>17 </ReportDefinitionID><InProgressReportID>40</InProgressReportID><PriorityLevel>3604529</PriorityLevel></ReportExecutionTask>',
> Param 1 (): '6'
> 01 2015-01-27 15:38:00 3600 8 8010 2848 748 SQL: SQL Processing SQL
> query: 'DELETE FROM srs.scan_active_tasks WHERE id=?', Param 0 (): 592
> 01 2015-01-27 15:38:00 3600 5 0005 2848 2252 SSC: Report Worker
> executing report for definition ID 17, priority 3604529...
> 01 2015-01-27 15:38:00 3600 8 8010 2848 2252 SQL: SQL Processing SQL
> query: 'SELECT * FROM srs.report_definitions WHERE id=?', Param 0 ():
> 17
> 01 2015-01-27 15:38:00 3600 8 8010 2848 2252 SQL: SQL Processing SQL
> query: 'SELECT nt.* FROM srs.notification_targets AS nt JOIN
> srs.report_notification_targets AS rnt ON nt.id =
> rnt.notification_target_id WHERE rnt.report_definition_id=?', Param 0
> (): 17
> 01 2015-01-27 15:38:00 3600 8 8010 2848 4252 SQL: SQL Processing SQL
> query: 'DELETE FROM srs.scan_active_tasks WHERE id=?', Param 0 (): 593
> 01 2015-01-27 15:38:00 3600 8 8010 2848 4252 SQL: SQL Processing SQL
> stored procedure: 'srs.add_notification_entry', Param 0
> (notification_timet): '1422369480', Param 1 (target): '', Param 2
> (type): '1', Param 3 (severity): '1', Param 4 (status_code): '-1',
> Param 5 (destination_type): '2', Param 6 (subject): 'Report generation
> failure', Param 7 (message): 'An error was encountered while attempting
> to generate the report SERVER_FS_filextension:
> System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance
> of an object. at
> SRSReportGenerator.SRSReportGenerator.ReportThread (Object obj).'
> 01 2015-01-27 15:38:00 3600 8 8010 2848 4252 SQL: SQL Processing SQL
> query: 'SELECT report_name FROM srs.report_definitions WHERE id=?',
> Param 0 (): 17
> 01 2015-01-27 15:38:00 3600 3 0005 2848 4252 SSC: Report generation
> completed with errors or warnings for report SERVER_FS_filextension:
> System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance
> of an object. at
> SRSReportGenerator.SRSReportGenerator.ReportThread (Object obj)
> 01 2015-01-27 15:38:00 3600 5 0005 2848 2252 SSC: Report Worker
> executed report for definition ID 17, priority 3604529, result: 0.
> -------------------
>
> Thanks for support and help for this issue
> Michael
>
>

Michael,

Would you mind sending an email to filereporter@novell.com? We'd like to
troubleshoot this with you directly. Thank you.

-- NFMS Support Team