Home

Thread: How does one create a user with a null password in iManager?

Threaded View

How does one create a user with a null password in iManager?

I'm setting up LDAP authentication and need to create a user with a null password.

If you do not put a password in the password field when creating the user in iManager, a message pops up stating, No password has been defined for this user.

You are given a choice of:
    Allow user to log in without a password
    - or -
    Do not allow user to log in without a password

If you choose Do not allow user to log in without a password, there are no complaints.

When I look at the properties of the newly-created user, however, I note that the "Require a password" checkbox is not filled in.
    That would imply that the answer to the question posed during the user's creation is moot; either answer produces a user that can log in without a password.

I can then assign the Common Proxy password policy to the user, which does not dictate a minimum length for a password.

From that point forward, any attempts to leave the password field blank in iManager results in another pop-up message stating:
    "Failure to enter a password will allow the user to login without a password."

That implies that no password exists for the user, as opposed to a null password.
    Is that correct or are the public and private key for the user object still generated?
    Last edited by gathagan; 12-Feb-2015 at 12:00 AM.