This is my first post in Asset Management so I'll try to be a clear as I can but apologise in advance for it being long winded and multi threaded.

Office licensing allows you to multiple instances of the same edition installed, but you can’t mix. So you could have Office Pro 2007 and Office Pro 2003 installed on the same machine – but not Office Pro and Office Std (of any version).

So if we take office 2007 as our standard installation where multiple copies of standard are installed (2003 and 2007) - this counts as one licence. Does ZCM take this kind of scenario into account?

Now I know it doesn't make sense to have 2 versions installed as you should always move to the latest version. BUT if IT installed the latest and didn't remove the older one then it's fine as licencing is covered.

However this is the type of sceanrio we have:

1. Machines with 2003 + 2007

2. Machines with 2007 only

3. Machines with 2003 only

4. Machines with Pro and Standard (either version)

Machines with pro and standard MUST be regularised as they consume 2 licences either way. Any idea as to how to identify these?

If we just count the "2007" installations only then the "2003 only" would be omitted with 1 and 2 included, if we say lets count the 2003 installations only then the 2007 only will be omitted with 1 and 3 included. But if we count 2007 and 2003 is it counting 2 installations on the ones running 2003 and 2007 with 1,2 and 3 included.

Also My purchases to catalogue products is reconciled BUT the Licenced products will show for example licenced products as 500 and allocated quantity as say 150. BUT the status shows underlicenced. Now If I run the compliance report the figures do not add up. It's all a bit confusing - particularly on MS Office because fo the licencing model.

Any light that can be shed on this process would be appreciated.