OK, so the objective is to modify all of our users phonenumbers and mobile numbers.

So the two fields are TELEPHONENUMBER and MOBILE

I'm trying to update these via a csv excel file.

using : instead of , as the separator I exported them. I was trying to reimport one line. As a test which looks like this....

"cn=****,ou=****,o=****:Surname:landlinenumber::mo bile"

I'm a little confused as to why the extra : between the telephonenumber and mobile but that's the format it outputted it from and I tried it a couple of time.

The first time I tried to import that line back in (to change an existing user) I did it without the Surname, and that failed saying no sn.
So I tried exporting with the sn and then picked this one user changed the landline number by 1 number and tried to import it back in, and it fails.

Novell Import Convert Export utility for Novell eDirectory
version: 20504.01
Copyright 2000-2005 Novell, Inc. All rights reserved. U.S. Patent No. 6,915,287.
Source Handler: ICE Delimited Data handler for Novell eDirectory (version: 20707.00e)
Destination Handler: ICE LDAP handler for Novell eDirectory (version: 20707.00e)
ICE log file: /****/ice.log
Start time: Wed Mar 11 16:10:01 2015
Press control-C to exit
Operation in progress ...
Record: 1, no dn specifed
ProcessEntry() failed with 1 continuing with the next entry

Total entries processed: 1
Total entries failed: 1
End time: Wed Mar 11 16:10:01 2015

So it fails saying no DN specified and yet when I do an export of the DN only it shows exactly the same as the beginning of the line.

Am I close, or completely barking up the wrong tree with this. Do I need to add another field for it to even start trying to import it?

Any help would be appreciated.