I'm carrying out a GroupWise restore (GW2014SP1HP1, on SLES11.3 boxes)

Initially I anticipated doing it as I would have on Netware, restore data to PO server, create restore area, assign users, etc.
However, when I attempt to create the restore area it will only let me create the area on the domain server. Since our PO's are on separate servers to the domain, this will need some extra config.

I've never had to do it before, but I know you can have the PO restore files remote. I've restored the PO files to the domain server and got them mounted, but from there I've come unstuck.

I've setup NFS server on the domain server, and setup an export directory. I've tested connecting to it from the same server using the NFS client and it does work.

However, when I configure the NFS client on the PO server through YAST when I save the config I just get an 'Unable to mount the NFS entries from /etc/fstab' error.
When I do it verbose from the CLI I get the slightly more useful 'mount.nfs: No such device'.

I'm a bit baffled as 'showmount -e <podomain>' from the PO server lists the export as there ready to be used.
Firewall is disabled on all servers.

The questions:
1) Is this the right method for carrying out a restore when the PO is on a different server to the domain, or have I been over thinking this?
2) Is there some kind of access control I need to configure on the NFS server to allow external clients? as it appears to work when accessing from the same server.
3) Any other troubleshooting I can do before raising it with Novell.

(Apologies, I know this might turn out to be more a SLES question than a GW one)

Thanks in advance