I stumbled across something today that seems quite obvious now but did have me scratching my head for a while.

We were experiencing issues with some users when they tried to upload files/create folders in their home folder using Filr. It would fail returning an "Unknown Error". Our user's home directories are on an NSS volume on an OES Linux server.

After digging around for a while I found that the logs seemed to indicate an authentication failure. At first I looked at the proxy user but that wasn't the problem.

It turns out that the problem is caused by account restrictions we have set in eDirectory that limit each user to one login. This is to prevent users from leaving themselves logged in all over the place.

I lifted the restriction on one of the users and the problem went away. The users were logged in to a workstation as well as trying to use Filr.

My question is can I enforce a login restriction and still allow users to use Filr at the same time?

I can probably guess what the answer will be but I just thought I'd ask in case anyone has any ideas.