Home

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 17

Thread: Does IDM 3.6.1 (AD driver 3.5.5) support AD 2012?

  1. #1
    dangross NNTP User

    Does IDM 3.6.1 (AD driver 3.5.5) support AD 2012?


    I am running IDM 3.6.1 and have the remote loader and AD shim running
    running on an AD 2003 DC. We are upgrading to AD 2012 and I am trying
    to find out if IDM 3.6.1 (AD driver 3.5.5) will support that or do I
    need to upgrade IDM and/or the driver or RL....or can I simply install
    the existing shim and RL versions on the new 2012 DC and repoint the
    driver to the new server?

    Thanks


    --
    dangross
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------
    dangross's Profile: https://forums.netiq.com/member.php?userid=343
    View this thread: https://forums.netiq.com/showthread.php?t=46706


  2. #2
    David Gersic NNTP User

    Re: Does IDM 3.6.1 (AD driver 3.5.5) support AD 2012?

    On Mon, 04 Feb 2013 18:14:01 +0000, dangross wrote:

    > I am running IDM 3.6.1 and have the remote loader and AD shim running
    > running on an AD 2003 DC. We are upgrading to AD 2012 and I am trying
    > to find out if IDM 3.6.1 (AD driver 3.5.5) will support that or do I
    > need to upgrade IDM and/or the driver or RL.


    You should upgrade to IDM402. You *may* be able to just update the RL and
    the MAD shim (addriver.dll), but you might also want to look at the
    support lifecycle for IDM361.


    --
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------
    David Gersic dgersic_@_niu.edu
    Knowledge Partner http://forums.netiq.com

    Please post questions in the forums. No support provided via email.


  3. #3
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Posts
    189

    Re: Does IDM 3.6.1 (AD driver 3.5.5) support AD 2012?

    On 2/4/2013 12:45 PM, David Gersic wrote:
    > You should upgrade to IDM402. You *may* be able to just update the RL and
    > the MAD shim (addriver.dll), but you might also want to look at the
    > support lifecycle for IDM361.
    >


    If you do not have a 402 license however the 402 AD Driver will not work with older versions. They
    put a hard limit on that one as it adds support for some powershell stuff as opposed to mostly bug
    fixes. If you are under maintenance you are good, but if you just download the newer driver
    expecting it to work backwards like it has for a long time you will be in a 90 day time bomb.

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Brooklyn, NY
    Posts
    6,213

    Re: Does IDM 3.6.1 (AD driver 3.5.5) support AD 2012?

    On 2/13/2013 11:21 AM, Will Schneider wrote:
    > On 2/4/2013 12:45 PM, David Gersic wrote:
    >> You should upgrade to IDM402. You *may* be able to just update the RL and
    >> the MAD shim (addriver.dll), but you might also want to look at the
    >> support lifecycle for IDM361.
    >>

    >
    > If you do not have a 402 license however the 402 AD Driver will not work
    > with older versions. They put a hard limit on that one as it adds
    > support for some powershell stuff as opposed to mostly bug fixes. If
    > you are under maintenance you are good, but if you just download the
    > newer driver expecting it to work backwards like it has for a long time
    > you will be in a 90 day time bomb.


    But that is a Credential install issue, right? I.e. If you can get a
    4.02 license installed in your tree, will it still work on a 3.61
    engine? I wonder at that aspect of it.

    So that the limit is a credential, not actual engine version limit? Or
    not?

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Posts
    189

    Re: Does IDM 3.6.1 (AD driver 3.5.5) support AD 2012?

    On 2/13/2013 10:23 AM, Geoffrey Carman wrote:

    > So that the limit is a credential, not actual engine version limit? Or not?


    That is what the architect Mr. Moore said. So yes, credential limit only. Although he of course is
    welcome to rebut that assertion It's possible I misheard

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Brooklyn, NY
    Posts
    6,213

    Re: Does IDM 3.6.1 (AD driver 3.5.5) support AD 2012?

    On 2/13/2013 11:59 AM, Will Schneider wrote:
    > On 2/13/2013 10:23 AM, Geoffrey Carman wrote:
    >
    >> So that the limit is a credential, not actual engine version limit?
    >> Or not?

    >
    > That is what the architect Mr. Moore said. So yes, credential limit
    > only. Although he of course is welcome to rebut that assertion It's
    > possible I misheard


    Has anyone tested this? I am curious. I understand you then go into an
    'unsupported' state. But for some folk that might be ok.


  7. #7
    sma NNTP User

    Re: Does IDM 3.6.1 (AD driver 3.5.5) support AD 2012?


    Hi,

    Off course you can use a 4.02 remote loader with latest AD driver with
    IDM 3.6.1 engine and this works fine with Windows 2008 R2, and I can
    remember that it's officially supported.

    But, as far as I know, Windows 2012 is not supported with IDM 4.02
    either ?

    Sylvain


    --
    sma
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------
    sma's Profile: https://forums.netiq.com/member.php?userid=174
    View this thread: https://forums.netiq.com/showthread.php?t=46706


  8. #8
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Brooklyn, NY
    Posts
    6,213

    Re: Does IDM 3.6.1 (AD driver 3.5.5) support AD 2012?

    > Off course you can use a 4.02 remote loader with latest AD driver with
    > IDM 3.6.1 engine and this works fine with Windows 2008 R2, and I can
    > remember that it's officially supported.
    >
    > But, as far as I know, Windows 2012 is not supported with IDM 4.02
    > either ?


    Win2012 support is coming. The basics apparently all work. They need to
    complete some testing before 'supporting' it. The main issue is
    Exchange provisioning support. I.e. Which Exchange do you support? And
    that opens a strange can of worms on which Exchange on which platform
    and which combos...



  9. #9
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Posts
    189

    Re: Does IDM 3.6.1 (AD driver 3.5.5) support AD 2012?

    On 2/14/2013 8:28 AM, Geoffrey Carman wrote:
    >> Off course you can use a 4.02 remote loader with latest AD driver with
    >> IDM 3.6.1 engine and this works fine with Windows 2008 R2, and I can
    >> remember that it's officially supported.
    >>
    >> But, as far as I know, Windows 2012 is not supported with IDM 4.02
    >> either ?

    >
    > Win2012 support is coming. The basics apparently all work. They need to complete some testing
    > before 'supporting' it. The main issue is Exchange provisioning support. I.e. Which Exchange do
    > you support? And that opens a strange can of worms on which Exchange on which platform and which
    > combos...
    >
    >

    Especially when Microsoft isn't supporting their own software on their own platform lol

  10. #10
    chipps7 NNTP User

    Re: Does IDM 3.6.1 (AD driver 3.5.5) support AD 2012?


    I have a similar situation. A customer wants to upgrade to AD DS 2012
    but is not ready to upgrade IDM 3.6.1 to the latest, so they are asking
    if IDM 3.6.1 will work. Reading this thread it sounds like it is
    inconclusive as to whether this will work, especially based on Geoff's
    comment. Is this riight?


    --
    chipps7
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------
    chipps7's Profile: https://forums.netiq.com/member.php?userid=4633
    View this thread: https://forums.netiq.com/showthread.php?t=46706


Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •