Home

Results 1 to 6 of 6

Thread: Document hosting capability for User App?

Hybrid View

  1. #1
    ddgaikwad NNTP User

    Document hosting capability for User App?


    Hi Guys,

    Environment:
    Identity Manager Roles Based Provisioning Module Version 4.0.1 Patch B
    Build Revision 37827

    I was going through the administration documentation for User App, to
    find a way to upload a document.
    I need to add this document download on the login page for the user, so
    when user clicks the link on the page, a document would be downloaded
    from User App... (Currently we have a link that has been setup to direct
    the user to another website to download the document).

    So, just wondering if User App does support any document hosting
    capability?

    Any pointers? Suggestions?

    Regards,
    Dinesh


    --
    ddgaikwad
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------
    ddgaikwad's Profile: https://forums.netiq.com/member.php?userid=5917
    View this thread: https://forums.netiq.com/showthread.php?t=49233


  2. #2
    Wolfgang Schreiber NNTP User

    Re: Document hosting capability for User App?

    Dinesh,

    this is not a feature of the User App or workkflows, but a basic feature
    of the underlying application server, e.g., jboss. Check your
    application server docs for details.

    An easy way to let jboss host some files/docs, create a simple WAR file
    (like "myCompany.war") that contains the files/docs and deploy it on
    your app server.

    Then you'd use the base
    "http://[jboss url]/IDMProv" for User App,
    and
    "http://[jboss url]/myCompany" for your files

    Wolfgang

    On 15.11.2013 12:31, ddgaikwad wrote:
    >
    > Hi Guys,
    >
    > Environment:
    > Identity Manager Roles Based Provisioning Module Version 4.0.1 Patch B
    > Build Revision 37827
    >
    > I was going through the administration documentation for User App, to
    > find a way to upload a document.
    > I need to add this document download on the login page for the user, so
    > when user clicks the link on the page, a document would be downloaded
    > from User App... (Currently we have a link that has been setup to direct
    > the user to another website to download the document).
    >
    > So, just wondering if User App does support any document hosting
    > capability?
    >
    > Any pointers? Suggestions?
    >
    > Regards,
    > Dinesh
    >
    >


  3. #3
    ddgaikwad NNTP User

    Re: Document hosting capability for User App?


    Hi Wolfgang,

    Thank you for the pointer.
    Could you please direct me a document or tutorial that would assist to
    accomplish the above (Not an expert at handing war file you know...
    )

    Regards,
    Dinesh


    --
    ddgaikwad
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------
    ddgaikwad's Profile: https://forums.netiq.com/member.php?userid=5917
    View this thread: https://forums.netiq.com/showthread.php?t=49233


  4. #4
    Steven Williams NNTP User

    Re: Document hosting capability for User App?

    On 11/20/2013 11:54 AM, ddgaikwad wrote:
    >
    > Hi Wolfgang,
    >
    > Thank you for the pointer.
    > Could you please direct me a document or tutorial that would assist to
    > accomplish the above (Not an expert at handing war file you know...
    > )
    >
    > Regards,
    > Dinesh
    >
    >

    Greetings,
    Are you asking how to create an J2EE war file?

    --

    Sincerely,
    Steven Williams
    Lead Software Engineer
    NetIQ

  5. #5
    ddgaikwad NNTP User

    Re: Document hosting capability for User App?


    Hi Steven,

    Yes, is there any document that I can refer to creating a war file?
    Then I tweak and experiment with to meet our business requirement.

    Regards,
    Dinesh


    --
    ddgaikwad
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------
    ddgaikwad's Profile: https://forums.netiq.com/member.php?userid=5917
    View this thread: https://forums.netiq.com/showthread.php?t=49233


  6. #6
    Wolfgang Schreiber NNTP User

    Re: Document hosting capability for User App?

    Dinesh,

    try this first to get you started:

    http://lmgtfy.com/?q=tutorial+war+j2ee



    On 21.11.2013 13:45, ddgaikwad wrote:
    >
    > Hi Steven,
    >
    > Yes, is there any document that I can refer to creating a war file?
    > Then I tweak and experiment with to meet our business requirement.
    >
    > Regards,
    > Dinesh
    >
    >


Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •