Home

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 11

Thread: UserApplication StartUp error: Unexpected exception

Hybrid View

  1. #1
    neha gupta NNTP User

    UserApplication StartUp error: Unexpected exception


    Hi,

    I am getting the error as "An unexpected exception occurred in the
    directory layer" while starting the jBoss.

    Due to which the LDAP connection is failing too.

    The initial error states as:
    [STDOUT] (main) FATAL [RBPM]
    [com.sssw.fw.directory.api.EboDirectoryFactory:<cli nit>] An unexpected
    exception occurred in the directory layer.
    com.sssw.fw.exception.EboUnrecoverableSystemExcept ion: An unexpected
    exception occurred in the directory layer.
    at
    com.sssw.fw.directory.realm.impl.jndildap.EboLdapD irectoryConnection.createBaseContext(EboLdapDirect oryConnection.java:309)
    at
    com.sssw.fw.directory.realm.impl.jndildap.EboLdapD irectoryConnection.authenticate(EboLdapDirectoryCo nnection.java:167)
    at
    com.sssw.fw.directory.realm.impl.jndildap.EboLdapD irectoryConnectionManager.createConnectionArray(Eb oLdapDirectoryConnectionManager.java:324)
    at
    com.sssw.fw.directory.realm.impl.jndildap.EboLdapD irectoryConnectionManager.<init>(EboLdapDirectoryC onnectionManager.java:100)
    at
    com.sssw.fw.directory.realm.impl.jndildap.EboJndiL dapDirectoryFactory.createConnectionMgrInstance(Eb oJndiLdapDirectoryFactory.java:121)
    at
    com.sssw.fw.directory.api.EboDirectoryFactory$Conn MgrHolder.<clinit>(EboDirectoryFactory.java:75)
    at
    com.sssw.fw.directory.api.EboDirectoryFactory.getC onnMgr(EboDirectoryFactory.java:108)
    at com.sssw.fw.core.SystemConfig$1.run(SystemConfig.j ava:141)
    at com.sssw.fw.core.SystemConfig$1.run(SystemConfig.j ava:138)...

    The complete JbOss log is attached for reference.

    Any help will be kind.

    Thanks!


    +----------------------------------------------------------------------+
    |Filename: User Application StartUp Error - Unexpected Exception.txt |
    |Download: https://forums.netiq.com/attachment....tachmentid=114 |
    +----------------------------------------------------------------------+

    --
    neha_gupta
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------
    neha_gupta's Profile: https://forums.netiq.com/member.php?userid=1249
    View this thread: https://forums.netiq.com/showthread.php?t=49586


  2. #2
    Steven Williams NNTP User

    Re: UserApplication StartUp error: Unexpected exception

    On 12/30/2013 10:04 AM, neha gupta wrote:
    >
    > Hi,
    >
    > I am getting the error as "An unexpected exception occurred in the
    > directory layer" while starting the jBoss.
    >
    > Due to which the LDAP connection is failing too.
    >
    > The initial error states as:
    > [STDOUT] (main) FATAL [RBPM]
    > [com.sssw.fw.directory.api.EboDirectoryFactory:<cli nit>] An unexpected
    > exception occurred in the directory layer.
    > com.sssw.fw.exception.EboUnrecoverableSystemExcept ion: An unexpected
    > exception occurred in the directory layer.
    > at
    > com.sssw.fw.directory.realm.impl.jndildap.EboLdapD irectoryConnection.createBaseContext(EboLdapDirect oryConnection.java:309)
    > at
    > com.sssw.fw.directory.realm.impl.jndildap.EboLdapD irectoryConnection.authenticate(EboLdapDirectoryCo nnection.java:167)
    > at
    > com.sssw.fw.directory.realm.impl.jndildap.EboLdapD irectoryConnectionManager.createConnectionArray(Eb oLdapDirectoryConnectionManager.java:324)
    > at
    > com.sssw.fw.directory.realm.impl.jndildap.EboLdapD irectoryConnectionManager.<init>(EboLdapDirectoryC onnectionManager.java:100)
    > at
    > com.sssw.fw.directory.realm.impl.jndildap.EboJndiL dapDirectoryFactory.createConnectionMgrInstance(Eb oJndiLdapDirectoryFactory.java:121)
    > at
    > com.sssw.fw.directory.api.EboDirectoryFactory$Conn MgrHolder.<clinit>(EboDirectoryFactory.java:75)
    > at
    > com.sssw.fw.directory.api.EboDirectoryFactory.getC onnMgr(EboDirectoryFactory.java:108)
    > at com.sssw.fw.core.SystemConfig$1.run(SystemConfig.j ava:141)
    > at com.sssw.fw.core.SystemConfig$1.run(SystemConfig.j ava:138)...
    >
    > The complete JbOss log is attached for reference.
    >
    > Any help will be kind.
    >
    > Thanks!
    >
    >
    > +----------------------------------------------------------------------+
    > |Filename: User Application StartUp Error - Unexpected Exception.txt |
    > |Download: https://forums.netiq.com/attachment....tachmentid=114 |
    > +----------------------------------------------------------------------+
    >

    Greetings,
    Your issue is that eDirectory is not allowing the connection:

    Caused by: javax.naming.CommunicationException: 10.227.145.201:636 [Root
    exception is java.net.ConnectException: Connection refused: connect]


    This happens because:

    1) A Firewall has been enabled and is blocking the port

    2) Someone changed the port eDirectory is using

    3) The IP address is not correct

    4) eDirectory is not running



    --

    Sincerely,
    Steven Williams
    Lead Software Engineer
    NetIQ

  3. #3
    zeeshan cts NNTP User

    Re: UserApplication StartUp error: Unexpected exception


    Hi William,
    Thanks for the response.
    1) Both the ports 389 and 636 were open. And we were able to connect
    with E-Directory from outside the server also. But now we are not able
    to telnet both the ports from outside machine as well as from the server
    itself in which my E-Directory and userApp is installed. Since userApp
    connects on port 636 , it is throwing error ("Connection refused") while
    starting the jboss. However we are able to open the iManager and we can
    traverse the E-directory tree also from iManager. We do not know how the
    port is blocked now ?

    2)Port is same Non SSL 389 and with SSL 636. Checked from
    iManager->roles and task-> ldap-> ldap options.

    3)IP address is correct.

    4)And E-Directory is also running , since we are able to open the
    iManager, and authentication is also done for admin and we are also able
    to traverse the tree.

    Now can you please tell me , what went wrong in this scenario. We are
    facing this issue, second time. Earlier we reinstalled our IDM, but it
    took lots of our time. So now we do not want to reinstall it.


    --
    zeeshan_cts
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------
    zeeshan_cts's Profile: https://forums.netiq.com/member.php?userid=5574
    View this thread: https://forums.netiq.com/showthread.php?t=49586


  4. #4
    Steven Williams NNTP User

    Re: UserApplication StartUp error: Unexpected exception

    On 12/31/2013 01:24 AM, zeeshan cts wrote:
    >
    > Hi William,
    > Thanks for the response.
    > 1) Both the ports 389 and 636 were open. And we were able to connect
    > with E-Directory from outside the server also. But now we are not able
    > to telnet both the ports from outside machine as well as from the server
    > itself in which my E-Directory and userApp is installed. Since userApp
    > connects on port 636 , it is throwing error ("Connection refused") while
    > starting the jboss. However we are able to open the iManager and we can
    > traverse the E-directory tree also from iManager. We do not know how the
    > port is blocked now ?
    >
    > 2)Port is same Non SSL 389 and with SSL 636. Checked from
    > iManager->roles and task-> ldap-> ldap options.
    >
    > 3)IP address is correct.
    >
    > 4)And E-Directory is also running , since we are able to open the
    > iManager, and authentication is also done for admin and we are also able
    > to traverse the tree.
    >
    > Now can you please tell me , what went wrong in this scenario. We are
    > facing this issue, second time. Earlier we reinstalled our IDM, but it
    > took lots of our time. So now we do not want to reinstall it.
    >
    >

    Greetings,

    A) If I remember correctly iManager does not use "ldap" to connect, but
    rather ncp

    B) "But now we are not able to telnet both the ports from outside
    machine as well as from the server itself in which my E-Directory and
    userApp is installed."

    ==> From the Log file, I can see that you are installed on Windows so:

    1) Is AD installed on this same Windows server? If yes then AD will
    take over the same ports

    2) A firewall on the server itself could have been enabled and block
    these ports

    3) It is possible that eDirectory is not fully started.

    4) A Virus Scanning product could be causing a problem


    I would suggest that you:

    a) Stop eDirectory
    b) Stop JBoss
    c) Double check that no Firewall is running and disable the Virus
    Scanning product (if one is installed)
    d) Start eDirectory
    => Do you see the 389 and 636 ports listed when you look at netstat?
    => If yes then try to telnet to the 389 port from a different box
    telnet 10.227.145.201 389
    => Then try to connect with a LDAP Browser to eDirectory

    If you can not do the above and eDirectory is truly running and
    listening on 389 and 636 then you have something in your environment
    that is blocking the ports. A network Administrator would be needed at
    that point.

    --

    Sincerely,
    Steven Williams
    Lead Software Engineer
    NetIQ

  5. #5
    neha gupta NNTP User

    Re: UserApplication StartUp error: Unexpected exception


    Steven Williams;238672 Wrote:
    > On 12/31/2013 01:24 AM, zeeshan cts wrote:
    > >
    > > Hi William,
    > > Thanks for the response.
    > > 1) Both the ports 389 and 636 were open. And we were able to connect
    > > with E-Directory from outside the server also. But now we are not

    > able
    > > to telnet both the ports from outside machine as well as from the

    > server
    > > itself in which my E-Directory and userApp is installed. Since

    > userApp
    > > connects on port 636 , it is throwing error ("Connection refused")

    > while
    > > starting the jboss. However we are able to open the iManager and we

    > can
    > > traverse the E-directory tree also from iManager. We do not know how

    > the
    > > port is blocked now ?
    > >
    > > 2)Port is same Non SSL 389 and with SSL 636. Checked from
    > > iManager->roles and task-> ldap-> ldap options.
    > >
    > > 3)IP address is correct.
    > >
    > > 4)And E-Directory is also running , since we are able to open the
    > > iManager, and authentication is also done for admin and we are also

    > able
    > > to traverse the tree.
    > >
    > > Now can you please tell me , what went wrong in this scenario. We are
    > > facing this issue, second time. Earlier we reinstalled our IDM, but

    > it
    > > took lots of our time. So now we do not want to reinstall it.
    > >
    > >

    > Greetings,
    >
    > A) If I remember correctly iManager does not use "ldap" to connect, but
    > rather ncp
    >
    > B) "But now we are not able to telnet both the ports from outside
    > machine as well as from the server itself in which my E-Directory and
    > userApp is installed."
    >
    > ==> From the Log file, I can see that you are installed on Windows so:
    >
    > 1) Is AD installed on this same Windows server? If yes then AD will
    > take over the same ports
    >
    > 2) A firewall on the server itself could have been enabled and block
    > these ports
    >
    > 3) It is possible that eDirectory is not fully started.
    >
    > 4) A Virus Scanning product could be causing a problem
    >
    >
    > I would suggest that you:
    >
    > a) Stop eDirectory
    > b) Stop JBoss
    > c) Double check that no Firewall is running and disable the Virus
    > Scanning product (if one is installed)
    > d) Start eDirectory
    > => Do you see the 389 and 636 ports listed when you look at netstat?
    > => If yes then try to telnet to the 389 port from a different box
    > telnet 10.227.145.201 389
    > => Then try to connect with a LDAP Browser to eDirectory
    >
    > If you can not do the above and eDirectory is truly running and
    > listening on 389 and 636 then you have something in your environment
    > that is blocking the ports. A network Administrator would be needed at
    > that point.
    >
    > --
    >
    > Sincerely,
    > Steven Williams
    > Lead Software Engineer
    > NetIQ


    Hi Steven,

    ==> From the Log file, I can see that you are installed on Windows so:

    1) Is AD installed on this same Windows server? If yes then AD will
    take over the same ports
    - NO
    2) A firewall on the server itself could have been enabled and block
    these ports
    - Possibly not
    3) It is possible that eDirectory is not fully started.
    - How can we validate this?
    4) A Virus Scanning product could be causing a problem
    - NO

    => Do you see the 389 and 636 ports listed when you look at netstat?
    NO, WE CANNNOT SEE THESE PORTS LISTED ON NETSTAT

    What can be the other recommendation for this?


    --
    neha_gupta
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------
    neha_gupta's Profile: https://forums.netiq.com/member.php?userid=1249
    View this thread: https://forums.netiq.com/showthread.php?t=49586


  6. #6
    Steven Williams NNTP User

    Re: UserApplication StartUp error: Unexpected exception

    On 12/31/2013 07:46 AM, neha gupta wrote:
    >
    > Steven Williams;238672 Wrote:
    >> On 12/31/2013 01:24 AM, zeeshan cts wrote:
    >>>
    >>> Hi William,
    >>> Thanks for the response.
    >>> 1) Both the ports 389 and 636 were open. And we were able to connect
    >>> with E-Directory from outside the server also. But now we are not

    >> able
    >>> to telnet both the ports from outside machine as well as from the

    >> server
    >>> itself in which my E-Directory and userApp is installed. Since

    >> userApp
    >>> connects on port 636 , it is throwing error ("Connection refused")

    >> while
    >>> starting the jboss. However we are able to open the iManager and we

    >> can
    >>> traverse the E-directory tree also from iManager. We do not know how

    >> the
    >>> port is blocked now ?
    >>>
    >>> 2)Port is same Non SSL 389 and with SSL 636. Checked from
    >>> iManager->roles and task-> ldap-> ldap options.
    >>>
    >>> 3)IP address is correct.
    >>>
    >>> 4)And E-Directory is also running , since we are able to open the
    >>> iManager, and authentication is also done for admin and we are also

    >> able
    >>> to traverse the tree.
    >>>
    >>> Now can you please tell me , what went wrong in this scenario. We are
    >>> facing this issue, second time. Earlier we reinstalled our IDM, but

    >> it
    >>> took lots of our time. So now we do not want to reinstall it.
    >>>
    >>>

    >> Greetings,
    >>
    >> A) If I remember correctly iManager does not use "ldap" to connect, but
    >> rather ncp
    >>
    >> B) "But now we are not able to telnet both the ports from outside
    >> machine as well as from the server itself in which my E-Directory and
    >> userApp is installed."
    >>
    >> ==> From the Log file, I can see that you are installed on Windows so:
    >>
    >> 1) Is AD installed on this same Windows server? If yes then AD will
    >> take over the same ports
    >>
    >> 2) A firewall on the server itself could have been enabled and block
    >> these ports
    >>
    >> 3) It is possible that eDirectory is not fully started.
    >>
    >> 4) A Virus Scanning product could be causing a problem
    >>
    >>
    >> I would suggest that you:
    >>
    >> a) Stop eDirectory
    >> b) Stop JBoss
    >> c) Double check that no Firewall is running and disable the Virus
    >> Scanning product (if one is installed)
    >> d) Start eDirectory
    >> => Do you see the 389 and 636 ports listed when you look at netstat?
    >> => If yes then try to telnet to the 389 port from a different box
    >> telnet 10.227.145.201 389
    >> => Then try to connect with a LDAP Browser to eDirectory
    >>
    >> If you can not do the above and eDirectory is truly running and
    >> listening on 389 and 636 then you have something in your environment
    >> that is blocking the ports. A network Administrator would be needed at
    >> that point.
    >>
    >> --
    >>
    >> Sincerely,
    >> Steven Williams
    >> Lead Software Engineer
    >> NetIQ

    >
    > Hi Steven,
    >
    > ==> From the Log file, I can see that you are installed on Windows so:
    >
    > 1) Is AD installed on this same Windows server? If yes then AD will
    > take over the same ports
    > - NO
    > 2) A firewall on the server itself could have been enabled and block
    > these ports
    > - Possibly not
    > 3) It is possible that eDirectory is not fully started.
    > - How can we validate this?
    > 4) A Virus Scanning product could be causing a problem
    > - NO
    >
    > => Do you see the 389 and 636 ports listed when you look at netstat?
    > NO, WE CANNNOT SEE THESE PORTS LISTED ON NETSTAT
    >
    > What can be the other recommendation for this?
    >
    >

    Greetings,
    I would suggest that you open a Service Request with eDirectory
    support team at this point.

    --

    Sincerely,
    Steven Williams
    Lead Software Engineer
    NetIQ

  7. #7
    ScorpionSting NNTP User

    Re: UserApplication StartUp error: Unexpected exception


    NDS Console will show if the DIB is open and running or not. The
    Transports tab will show what ports are bound and which ones are not
    (more of a problem where more than 1 NIC/IP is bound). If the DIB is up
    and running, but just LDAP isn't loaded, check your server certicates.


    --
    ScorpionSting
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------
    ScorpionSting's Profile: https://forums.netiq.com/member.php?userid=469
    View this thread: https://forums.netiq.com/showthread.php?t=49586


  8. #8
    neha gupta NNTP User

    Re: UserApplication StartUp error: Unexpected exception


    - Can you please confirm me from where exactly I can validate if DIB is
    open and running from NDS console

    - The server certificates are installed and activated.

    Regards,
    Neha


    --
    neha_gupta
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------
    neha_gupta's Profile: https://forums.netiq.com/member.php?userid=1249
    View this thread: https://forums.netiq.com/showthread.php?t=49586


  9. #9
    ScorpionSting NNTP User

    Re: UserApplication StartUp error: Unexpected exception


    Its clearly stated at the bottom of NDS Console as to whether the DIB is
    open or not....if its open, the tree name and other information is
    displayed. I don't have a Windows eDir server handy to screenshot.

    Once you've validated DIB is open and running, you'll need to validate
    the server certs in edir.....by default, they're only issued for 2 years
    and is more often than not missed by edir admins in maintenance tasks.
    But if both 389 and 636 are unavailable, then this may not be the
    current issue.


    --
    ScorpionSting
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------
    ScorpionSting's Profile: https://forums.netiq.com/member.php?userid=469
    View this thread: https://forums.netiq.com/showthread.php?t=49586


  10. #10
    ScorpionSting NNTP User

    Re: UserApplication StartUp error: Unexpected exception


    http://support.novell.com/techcenter...d20020904.html

    Figure 3

    Where it says "Waiting for Connection..." it should give the details of
    the tree, etc....


    --
    ScorpionSting
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------
    ScorpionSting's Profile: https://forums.netiq.com/member.php?userid=469
    View this thread: https://forums.netiq.com/showthread.php?t=49586


Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •