Home

Results 1 to 4 of 4

Thread: Health check showing marginal

Hybrid View

  1. #1
    Chris NNTP User

    Health check showing marginal

    Hello all: Looking at our eDir tree using iMonitor shows the health of our Partition/Replication as Marginal. Not sure what this really means. I have run a repair and found no errors. Replica Sync for all partitions in the tree also report as Marginal. We run eDir 8.8 SP6 on all our OES2 SP3 servers except for our old BorderManager server running OES 6.5 SP8 with eDir 8.8.5.6.

    Any suggestions what to look for? Thanks, Chris.

  2. #2
    David Gersic NNTP User

    Re: Health check showing marginal

    On Tue, 12 Feb 2013 14:10:04 +0000, Chris wrote:

    > Hello all: Looking at our eDir tree using iMonitor shows the health of
    > our Partition/Replication as Marginal. Not sure what this really means.


    It could mean any of several things, not all of which are actual
    problems. If you drill down in to Health Check / Partition Replication,
    you should see a section for "Health Check: Partition", and a list of the
    partitions that iMonitor is warning about. In the "Description" column,
    what do you see?


    > I have run a repair and found no errors.


    Which is not surprising, since iMonitor isn't complaining about a
    database problem. Please don't use repair unless there's an actual
    problem to be fixed.


    > Replica Sync for all
    > partitions in the tree also report as Marginal.


    In the same "Health Check: Partition" page, you can see your partitions,
    and if you click on "Replica Synchronization" for each of them, it'll
    show you the replica status. What do you see here?


    --
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------
    David Gersic dgersic_@_niu.edu
    Knowledge Partner http://forums.netiq.com

    Please post questions in the forums. No support provided via email.


  3. #3
    Chris NNTP User

    Re: Health check showing marginal




    >>> David Gersic<dgersic@no-mx.forums.netiq.com> 2/12/2013 10:00 AM >>>

    On Tue, 12 Feb 2013 14:10:04 +0000, Chris wrote:


    >>If you drill down in to Health Check / Partition Replication,
    >>you should see a section for "Health Check: Partition", and a list of the
    >>partitions that iMonitor is warning about. In the "Description" column,
    >>what do you see?


    All partitions show marginal. Drilling down further shows a lot of information about each partition but nothing that sticks out.

  4. #4
    David Gersic NNTP User

    Re: Health check showing marginal

    On Tue, 12 Feb 2013 16:13:01 +0000, Chris wrote:

    > All partitions show marginal. Drilling down further shows a lot of
    > information about each partition but nothing that sticks out.


    "Marginal" doesn't tell me anything. Drill down, and post what you see
    there. Copy-and-paste, or put a screenshot somewhere like susepaste.org,
    or something like that.


    --
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------
    David Gersic dgersic_@_niu.edu
    Knowledge Partner http://forums.netiq.com

    Please post questions in the forums. No support provided via email.


Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •