Hello,

I'm trying to sort out what I assume I'm doing wrong. We're attempting to expand into the wild world of DFS Junctions. All file servers are OES11SP2.

We have ServerA acting as DFS root, currently it has a shared folder, SHARED with two subfolders, LocationA and LocationB. LocationA is configured as a DFS junction pointing to ServerB\DestinationA.

Using Windows with the OES client installed, users can map \\ServerA\SHARED and follow the junction down to folders below DestinationA.

Using Linux or MacOSX and no OES client, users can map \\ServerA\SHARED, but there's nothing inside of the LocationA folder. Using the smbutils command on MacOSX indicates that ServerA is not presenting the referral to ServerB.
Using Linux or MacOSX and no OES client, users can map \\ServerB\DestinationA and see everything they should see and it all functions properly.

I haven't tried using windows without the OES client installed (We don't really keep such a thing around).. but I have to imagine it'll behave exactly as Linux and MacOSX does.

Any thoughts on things we may have missed in the configuration?