Home

Results 1 to 5 of 5

Thread: External CA SSL Cert in iManager

Hybrid View

  1. #1
    Nicolai Jensen NNTP User

    External CA SSL Cert in iManager

    Hello,

    Forgive me for asking, I do have a feeling that this could be covered
    somewhere on the internet. I have not however, been able to find a step-
    by-step guide that I was able to understand.

    I would like iManager on a SLES server to use a certificate, signed by an
    external CA.

    Does anyone know the exact steps in such a procedure?

    -Nicolai

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Brooklyn, NY
    Posts
    6,213

    Re: External CA SSL Cert in iManager

    On 5/22/2015 6:43 AM, Nicolai Jensen wrote:
    > Hello,
    >
    > Forgive me for asking, I do have a feeling that this could be covered
    > somewhere on the internet. I have not however, been able to find a step-
    > by-step guide that I was able to understand.
    >
    > I would like iManager on a SLES server to use a certificate, signed by an
    > external CA.
    >
    > Does anyone know the exact steps in such a procedure?


    Key is, the Tomcat instance for iManager needs to be configured to use it.



  3. #3
    Nicolai Jensen NNTP User

    Re: External CA SSL Cert in iManager

    On Tue, 26 May 2015 12:20:55 +0000, Geoffrey Carman wrote:

    > On 5/22/2015 6:43 AM, Nicolai Jensen wrote:
    >> Hello,
    >>
    >> Forgive me for asking, I do have a feeling that this could be covered
    >> somewhere on the internet. I have not however, been able to find a
    >> step- by-step guide that I was able to understand.
    >>
    >> I would like iManager on a SLES server to use a certificate, signed by
    >> an external CA.
    >>
    >> Does anyone know the exact steps in such a procedure?

    >
    > Key is, the Tomcat instance for iManager needs to be configured to use
    > it.


    Oh.... So i should find documentation on how to get tomcat to use a
    certificate. Just plain standard tomcat?


  4. #4
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Brooklyn, NY
    Posts
    6,213

    Re: External CA SSL Cert in iManager

    On 5/27/2015 7:10 AM, Nicolai Jensen wrote:
    > On Tue, 26 May 2015 12:20:55 +0000, Geoffrey Carman wrote:
    >
    >> On 5/22/2015 6:43 AM, Nicolai Jensen wrote:
    >>> Hello,
    >>>
    >>> Forgive me for asking, I do have a feeling that this could be covered
    >>> somewhere on the internet. I have not however, been able to find a
    >>> step- by-step guide that I was able to understand.
    >>>
    >>> I would like iManager on a SLES server to use a certificate, signed by
    >>> an external CA.
    >>>
    >>> Does anyone know the exact steps in such a procedure?

    >>
    >> Key is, the Tomcat instance for iManager needs to be configured to use
    >> it.

    >
    > Oh.... So i should find documentation on how to get tomcat to use a
    > certificate. Just plain standard tomcat?


    Yes. It is the server.xml and there is a directive for SSL (look for
    your SSL port number to find it) that defines the keystore and password
    and alias for the private key. So you could use keytool to generate a
    new private key, generate a CSR, import the signed response, then point
    at it in the server.xml.




  5. #5
    Nicolai Jensen NNTP User

    Re: External CA SSL Cert in iManager

    On Thu, 28 May 2015 12:44:15 +0000, Geoffrey Carman wrote:

    > Yes. It is the server.xml and there is a directive for SSL (look for
    > your SSL port number to find it) that defines the keystore and password
    > and alias for the private key. So you could use keytool to generate a
    > new private key, generate a CSR, import the signed response, then point
    > at it in the server.xml.


    Thanks. I got it to work by actually reading tomcat docs. All that
    security is so frustrating :-)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •