I'm wondering if DDNS objects should be getting cleaned up. I have had DDNS set up for a while, but I haven't looked at it in while and I'm seeing that there are a ton of records that have no IP address associated with them. I've completely cleanup up one of the zones by deleting all the stale records and when I tested a workstation, it created the DDNS record just fine, but when I released the IP I noticed some inconsistencies.

1). the DHCP record was deleted as it should have been
2). the IN-ADDR.ARPA IP object was still there, but the text value below was removed. Isn't the whole object supposed to get removed?
3). in the DNS record, the IP was removed but the object for the DNS name was left behind. Again, shouldn't all of that information be getting removed?

The DHCP log shows the following:

Sep 15 15:24:04 SERV1 dhcpd: if ws1.company.dom IN TXT "310c75feda4ebe04cb89d32698ec4416c7" rrset exists and ws1.company.dom IN A 10.5.1.81 rrset exists delete ws1.company.dom IN A 10.5.1.81: success.
Sep 15 15:24:04 SERV1 [NCPL]: client 10.1.0.21#34259: updating zone 'support.hps.dom/IN': deleting an RR
Sep 15 15:24:04 SERV1 dhcpd: if ws1.company.dom IN A rrset doesn't exist delete ws1.company.dom IN TXT "310c75feda4ebe04cb89d32698ec4416c7": success.
Sep 15 15:24:04 SERV1 [NCPL]: client 10.1.0.21#34259: updating zone '5.10.IN-ADDR.ARPA/IN': deleting rrset at '81.1.5.10.in-addr.arpa' PTR
Sep 15 15:24:04 SERV1 dhcpd: removed reverse map on 81.1.5.10.in-addr.arpa
Sep 15 15:24:04 SERV1 dhcpd: DHCPRELEASE of 10.5.1.81 from ec:b1:d7:47:88:a3 (ws1) via eth0 (found)

This is an OES2sp3 server.

Thanks for any assistance.

Dan