Hello everyone. Hopefully this is the right place for this, (holy **** are there a lot of sub forums here)

There are three errors that I am getting now that I am running Zenworks SP4 that I have a feeling are all related.

The first is, whenever I go to System Updates and try to Check for Updates, I get the error: "There was a failure when attempting to contact Novell Customer Center to retrieve available updates. Be sure that you have internet connectivity and that system update has been configured with the correct proxy information: : java.lang.NullPointerException"
I read on these very forums that I should try and reactivate my account under System Update Entitlement, which leads me to my next error. When I try to reactivate my account under System Update Entitlement I get the error: "An error occurred while trying to connect to NCC server."
I have disabled the firewall and confirmed I can reach Novell servers from my server. Tech support has been useless in this matter as they just keep telling me to do the same things over and over. Even after the first tech created an SR for me to "elevate the problem" the new tech told me to do that same things again.

The third error is under the server summary itself which is: "Unable to deserialize "Location" settings data. Please contact Novell Technical Services."
Ive got nothing on that one (and apparently neither did either tech)

My setup is thus:
Windows Server 2008 R2
ZENworks Configuration Management Version:
ZENworks Asset Management Version:
ZENworks Patch Management Version:
ZENworks EndPoint Security Management Version:
ZENworks Full Disk Encryption Version:
ZENworks Agent Version:
ZENworks Updater Service Version:

Any ideas would be much appreciated.
Thank you!