Really strange situation that's been happening with various images (but not all) that we use starting back in April-May until now. Currently we are on ZCM11.4 but the issue started when we were still on 11.3.

I've created a master image locally that I'm able to successfully backup to our Imaging server; however, when I go to restore it on a new machine it freezes on the following folder:

C:\Windows\winsxs\amd64_ntprint.inf_31bf3856ad364e 35_6.1.7601.17514_none_9926a270d1526b79\Amd64

(and to be clear I've tried leaving over the course of a weekend and it never advances past the given file) This has happened multiple times. I've tried all different compression options and also been sure to run chkdsk before sending up the master image but with the same result.

This has also happened on other images as mentioned but with other apparently random folders within \winsxs\ - the other time it referenced a "PresentationFontCache.exe.config". In this instance I even tried booting the drive on a Linux machine deleting the problematic subfolder within Winsxs (can't be modified in Windows from what I can see) but the image merely froze on another file within the Winsxs.

Any clues or anyone else who has had similar issues? Oddly I've been able to still use other images without issue, even some that have been updated and resent to the server. All images are Win 7 Pro, 64 bit. The Zen server is a VM on SLES