Hello all,

I've recently updated to OES 2015 on my Groupwise server (4cpu/16GB VM), and I THINK I'm seeing some NSS issues. I have Groupwise data on an NSS volume, 3 post offices: 2 larger ones (one of which is for students that is quite underutilized) and one tiny one. All together, my entire GW system is about 340GB, 320 of that is in the staff PO.
When the staff PO is loaded, I see the server acting quite sluggish, but can't really identify why.

It's not swapping much (free -m:Swap: 4102 354 3748),
Has nearly non existent IO wait. (vmstat's wa: 1)
Perf shows the following at the top (after doing a perf -g -a record):
+     71.76%          swapper  [kernel.kallsyms]                  [k] native_safe_halt                  ↑
+      2.20%      kworker/1:0  [kernel.kallsyms]                  [k] _raw_spin_unlock_irqrestore       ▮
+      2.06%      kworker/0:1  [kernel.kallsyms]                  [k] _raw_spin_unlock_irqrestore       ▒
+      1.37%        flush-8:0  [kernel.kallsyms]                  [k] _raw_spin_unlock_irqrestore       ▒
But I admittedly don't know how to interpret that.

Aside from the rare times that gwpoa, ndsd or java peak up to the top of the list, 'top' consistently shows a few 'kworker/3:0' or similar threads at the top, consuming anywhere from 10-80 percent of cpu each. Occasionally, "flush-8:0" jumps to the top of the list.
If i unload that POA, it seems to snap right back to life.
Can anyone suggest anything else I can look at to find out what's dogging this server down?