I have successfully added a second primary server to my Zone in preparation for removal of primary 1 which is running Windows server 2003 x32. Second primary is running Windows 2008 x64. Both are now running ZCM 11.3.2. both servers have unique names and ip's .

I am following the document Disaster Recovery Reference document dated October 2013 to move the 1st primary to the new primary (Chapter 2 Replacing Primary Servers). Everythiong is going fine until I get to backing up and restoring the CA.

I backed up the CA using zman with the -d option as recommended. But when I go to restore it to my new server (ZMAN cai [path to file]) it looks for the credentials and passphrase which I supply but I am getting an error as follows:

java.lang.ClassCastException: java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError cannot be cast to java.lang.Exception
at com.novell.zenworks.zman.CommandRunner.execute(Com mandRunner.java:125)
at com.novell.zenworks.zman.ZMan.executeRunner(ZMan.j ava:328)
at com.novell.zenworks.zman.ZMan.runCommand(ZMan.java :531)
at com.novell.zenworks.zman.ZMan.main(ZMan.java:465)
at com.novell.zenworks.zman.ZManExecutor.execute(ZMan Executor.java:101)
at com.novell.zenworks.zman.ZManExecutor.main(ZManExe cutor.java:41)
at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Nativ e Method)
at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(Native MethodAccessorImpl.java:57)
at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(De legatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:43)
at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:606)
at com.novell.zenworks.zman.ZManLoader.loadZMan(ZManL oader.java:59)
at com.novell.zenworks.zman.ZManLoader.main(ZManLoade r.java:143)
Error:An internal error occurred. Please see the zman log for full stack trace.

If anyone has any ideas I'd appreciate it. I have run the -d command on the original server so I now assume I no longer have a certificate authority in my zone ?