We are just rolling out the 11.4.1 agent to our estate of Windows 7 machines. As it is rolled out a small number of users are experiencing a problem whereby they lose the ability to run Windows Explorer. Clicking Windows Explorer results in the following message:

"Windows cannot access the specified device, path, or file. You may not have the appropriate permissions to access the item."

We have been getting this problem intermittently since upgrading to 11.3.2.

We had a two part approach in 11.3.2:
1 . I investiged the issue myself and found the reason explorer could not be run was a lack of rights for the local user on the registry key HKCU/software/classes. If you check a working machine, the local user has full control over this key. Giving the local user rights to this key fixes the issue in cases where it has occured.
2. We were give an updated zmd.dll for 11.3.2 which appeared to prevent the problem happening again on machines where we experienced it. The dll didn't put the rights back so we needed to do that manually but it did appear to prevent the problem happening again.

The upgrade to 11.4.1 has brought this problem back.

When we investigated this problem previously with 11.3.2 it took many months and endless tests along with several engineers. I don't want to go through all that again. Is anyone else experiencing this problem with 11.4.1?