Home

Thread: AFP Clustered: Works on one node but not the other?

Threaded View

AFP Clustered: Works on one node but not the other?

Hi.

We have AFP running on one of our sites in a cluster of two OES11 SP2 Servers.

AFP works great on one of the two servers. both servers as far as i can see are all patched and the same, everything else works on both, except for AFP. Which works fine on one server and not the other.... Here are the error messages any idea what i need to look at to get it working on this server.

Feb 17 11:09:00 denoes1 afptcpd[28425]: [error] User username01 not found in any context
    Feb 17 11:09:00 denoes1 afptcpd[28425]: [error] Failed to get full user name - username01
    Feb 17 11:09:00 denoes1 afptcpd[28425]: [error] findObjectContext: Failed to find the user: username01 in any subcontexts of ou=SITE1.o=ABC
    Feb 17 11:09:00 denoes1 afptcpd[28425]: [error] findObjectContext: Failed to find the user: username01 in any subcontexts of ou=SITE2.o=ABC
    Feb 17 11:09:00 denoes1 afptcpd[28425]: [error] findObjectContext: Failed to find the user: username01 in any subcontexts of ou=SITE3.o=ABC
    Feb 17 11:09:01 denoes1 afptcpd[28425]: [error] findObjectContext: Failed to find the user: username01 in any subcontexts of ou=SITE4.o=ABC
    Feb 17 11:09:01 denoes1 afptcpd[28425]: [error] findObjectContext: Failed to find the user: username01 in any subcontexts of ou=SITE5.o=ABC

So I have just migrated the Volume over to the second server in the cluster and it works perfectly.
    The only thing I have spotted that was different was the server that is working has these extra lines at the bottom of /etc/nam.conf (not even sure if nam's related to this or not)
    one-exclude-deny-service=no
    log-level=0
    nam-nss-timeout=60
    dont-deny-pamservice=no

so i've added them to the server that doesn't work and restarted nam, and afp on that one, made no difference.

Just scratching my brains as to what it can be as it just cannot find them in the server context or any context i've done it by the user name or cn=.... filling all that in for the tree and it does exactly the same error saying it cannot find the users in any context.
    Last edited by booktrunk; 17-Feb-2016 at 12:38 PM.