I am new to Filr (not an excuse)

I installed the three appliances (Filr, Database, and Search Engine) in the Large Deployment configuration with no cluster running on a Citrix XenServer 6.5 Server as virtual machines and so far everything seems to be working except the ldaps.

I got a third party SSL certificate and successully inserted that into the filr's Web Secure Certificates and that is working.
I imported the edirectory CA and SSL DNS Certificates into the filr keystore to run the secure ldaps and restarted the filr appliance.

No matter what I try I can't get the ldaps to work.

I keep getting the error: LDAP: error code 49 - NDS error: failed authentication (-669)

The server that I am using to sync ldap with is a read/write replica with eDirectory 8.8. SP8 (Binary Version: 20807.11)
BTW: The eDir server is running SLES 11 SP3, OES 11 SP2 and has been in the tree for years.

I followed the Knowledgebase document 70002339, "How to test LDAP authentication" and using the same below settings and credentials I am able to successfully connect. I am stumped and don't know what to do or where to go from here.

I have the following set in Filr's LDAP Server Configuration, under the Server Information setting:

LDAP server URL: ldaps://edirectoryserveripaddress
User DN: cn=admin,ou=contextname (I've also tried it with the added ,o=mytree).
Password: (yes, I verified the password and I can login to iManage with this user and password)
Directory type: eDirectory
Guid attribute: GUID
Filr account name attribute: cn