I have replaced an old eDir driver (engine/driver installed on remote eDir server) with a new bidirectional eDirectory driver. I followed the documentation to stop ndsd, uninstall the IDM engine on the remote server, install the changelog RPM (novell-DXMLChlgx-4.0.1-2 in my case), and restart ndsd. This process worked perfectly fine in both my DEV and QA environments. However, in the production environment the subscriber channel seems to be working fine, but the publisher channel is not detecting events in the remote eDir system. (e.g. create a group, add a user to a group, remove a user from a group, etc. that all works perfect in the other two environments, don't work here. The changes in the VAULT sync out to the remote system but I don't even see the events in the DirXML trace or driver logs for what happens on the remote system). I am also using entitlements now on this driver and they work since the subscriber channel is not impacted

I followed the same documentation for all 3 environments using the same software/RPMs and same patch levels. I can't seem to figure out how to tell if the changelog RPM is functioning properly. I can't find references to names of any services to look for. The documentation for troubleshooting this seems to be slim from searching for 3 days now. I have tried checking dstrace on the remote system for LDAP and DirXML events and don't see anything aside from what appears to be queries/events from the subscriber channel. Dstrace on the VAULT I see no events on the publisher channel when changes are made in the connected system.

Has anyone else seen this issue? If so, what did you find was the cause? I was really excited for this new driver and the new functionality it provides and really want to get this working. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Identity Manager 4.5.2
Bi-Directional eDirectory Driver