Hi
i am trying to implement a routine from within MS Forefront Identity Manager that will login to novell and make native GW calls to read/write to the GW database. I had it working on an older w2k3 server with the novell client 4.91 sp4 for windows using the activex ndap API call of nwsess.login. one of the parameters on that call is ShowUI as a boolean flag to display the login screen to confirm login entries. since this call is being made from within a service, i have it set to false since there is no way for me to press enter to continue.

on the new server running w2k8 and the Novell Client 2 SP4 for Windows Server 2008 R2 (IR2) for it, the same call is ignoring the flag and showing the login screen. i know this is happening because when i change the application to run under the console instead of by the service, the login screen appears. the rest of the routine works once i press enter.

for the console application, if i am logged in to novell and comment out the novell login call from the app, it continues to run as expected

for the service app, if i am logged in to novell and comment out the novell login call from the app, it fails trying to read the gw records

it has been a long time since i set things up on the w2k3 server, but i remember running into similar show login screen issue, was thinking it was a client or registry change that made it work, but going over all the settings i cannot see what it would have been

does anyone know a client/registry change that will make this work, or perhaps a different login method that can be used?

keith