Hello,

I would like to create hundreds of external users with REST API to make them visible in the GAL. Everything is fine, except I cannot set the surname attribute for the users. I tried to set the attribute while creating and after it has been created. Curl command returns no error, but the surname is not visible. I can set the surname via the gwadmin console.

This is the code for the creation :
data={\"domainName\":\"Internet\",\"postOfficeName \":\"$extponame\",\"name\":\"$name\",\"givenname\" :\"$givenname\",\"surname\":\"$surname\",\"descrip tion\":\"$description\",\"telephoneNumber\":\"$tel ephoneNumber\",\"mobilePhoneNumber\":\"$mobilePhon eNumber\",\"homePhoneNumber\":\"$homePhoneNumber\" ,\"otherPhoneNumber\":\"$otherPhoneNumber\",\"faxN umber\":\"$faxNumber\",\"pagerNumber\":\"$pagerNum ber\",\"title\":\"$title\",\"company\":\"$company\ ",\"department\":\"$department\",\"location\":\"$l ocation\",\"streetAddress\":\"$streetAddress\",\"p ostOfficeBox\":\"$postOfficeBox\",\"city\":\"$city \",\"stateProvince\":\"$stateProvince\",\"postalZi pCode\":\"$postalZipCode\",\"internetDomainName\": \{\"inherited\":\"false\",\"value\":\"$internetDom ainName\",\"exclusive\":\"true\"\}}

curl -s -k -H "Content-Type: application/json" -X POST --user $gwadminuser:$gwadminpassword "$gwadminserviceurl/domains/Internet/postoffices/$extponame/users" --data "$data"

This is the code for the modify:

data={\"domainName\":\"Internet\",\"postOfficeName \":\"$extponame\",\"name\":\"$name\",\"surname\":\ "$surname\"}

curl -s -k -H "Content-Type: application/json" -X PUT --user $gwadminuser:$gwadminpassword "$gwadminserviceurl/domains/Internet/postoffices/$extponame/users/$name" --data "$data"

I've checked the details of an already existing external user and the surname attribute is
<surname>Doe</surname>

What am I doing wrong?

TIA,
Gellért