I'm trying to add a secondary domain to a GW2014R2 primary. When Groupwise Installation runs on the server which will host the secondary domain, I get an error after clicking [Finish], resulting in a failure to create the new domain on the server:

Unable to add secondary domain ( 139930275669672:error:0407006A:rsa routines:RSA_padding_check_PKCS1_type_1:block type is not 01:rsa_pk1.c:103: 139930275669672:error:04067072:rsa routines:RSA_EAY_PUBLIC_DECRYPT: padding check failed:rsa_eay.c:705: 139930275669672:error:0D0C5006:asn1 encoding routines:ASN1_item_verify:EVP lib:a_verify.c:218: )

I tested the same process on a second server, which also generates the same error, so it would appear to be some sort of certificate error. (The 139930275669672 value changes each time, but the rest of the error is constant).

My first thought was a certificate issue, so I cleared the certificates in /opt/novell/groupwise/certificates/<GUID> on the primary domain server, rebuilt the Groupwise CA using gwadminutil ca -g -d <domainpath> -f, and re-issued certificates for the MTA, POA, and GWIA. All services all restarted correctly with SSL active, so I believe the CA is operating properly (again). I re-attempted the installation on the secondary domain server, and can see new certificates being created in /opt/novell/groupwise/certificates/<GUID>. Examining the files created, they appear to be valid certificates, but the installation still fails with the same error.

The system is operational and I can't open an SR until next week, so I thought I'd post here to see if anyone can see anything that I'm missing. Any suggestions? Any resources you can suggest to help diagnose the problem?

Michael Zore
Sterling Technologies Group, Ltd.