(Hopefully I have it in the correct forum now.)

I'm trying to follow the above TID to apply a Program Temporary Fix to address the issue I have that is listed in TID 7017498. I originally posted a related message in the SUSE forums and Simon Flood pointed me to this fix. In the process of following the instructions to apply the PTF, the doc says to identify the presently installed kernels which I did (after waiting over 30 minutes for the machine to boot). They are:

I downloaded all the files using the wget syntax and the <URL> that I got by following the link in TID 7017498 for SUSE PTF for SP3. The TID is not clear where you get the URL from but this seemed to work. How would I normally know what URL to use in this command?

The TID then says to only install the PTFs for the kernels that you have. However the listing of kernel files that I downloaded with the wget command don't exactly match the listing of the current kernels. For instance do I have to install the:

as well as the:

because I show a kernel file of "kernel-default-devel-3.0.101-" or is just installing the latter kernel enough?

For the kernel source there appear to be two files which are:

Do I want to install both or just the x86_64 version?

Similar question for the kernel-default files. There are two. What is the difference between these two?

What does 'nosrc' mean?

Should I clean up the grub menu so it just has the PTFs or leave it with the old and new listings? It looks like it does default to the:
"kernel-default-3.0.101-" when booting.

When applying the latest SLES 11 SP3 updates to other SLES / OES servers, can I first apply the updates using zypper and then run through this process again before I reboot the server or do I have to apply the zypper updates, then reboot, wait 30 to 60 minutes for the server to come up, then apply the PTFs???

FYI, this DOES fix the problem of the 30+ minute reboot but IMHO it is 10 times more complicated than it needs to be to get things to work correctly.