I am getting the following cryptic bundle error when pushing out the 11.4.2 agent to a machine that already has the 11.2 agent running on it. (Device details are munged)

Device Alias: 3826ABCVM9
Device IP Address: 10.30.28.163
Error: [7/8/16 10:10:09 AM] BundleManager BUNDLE.BunldeStateError BUNDLE.BunldeStateError{Value cannot be null.;at System.Threading.Monitor.Enter(Object obj)
at Novell.Zenworks.AppModule.AppLocalState.GetVersion Info(Session session, String id)
at Novell.Zenworks.AppModule.AppLocalState.GetLocalSt ateInfo(Session session, String id)
at Novell.Zenworks.AppModu}
Additional Information: <TruncatedText>at System.Threading.Monitor.Enter(Object obj)
at Novell.Zenworks.AppModule.AppLocalState.GetVersion Info(Session session, String id)
at Novell.Zenworks.AppModule.AppLocalState.GetLocalSt ateInfo(Session session, String id)
at Novell.Zenworks.AppModule.AppLocalState.GetAllLoca lStateInfos()</TruncatedText>

1. Why am I getting a bundle error when pushing out the latest agent to the machine? Is this also considered a bundle?

2. I got two of these errors for the same machine, 1 minute apart but the agent installed correctly. Should I assume that I will always get a bundle error when upgrading the agent?

3. Why doesn't the error tell me what bundle it is unhappy with? If I have a lot of bundles that may be being applied to the machine, how can I tell what bundle is the culprit? In this case I assume that the problem is with the agent but it could be some bundle that is set to auto-run. I just don't know from the error message.

4. How do I find out what value 'cannot be null' in the bundle? This error message is really not very helpful.

5. What is "System.Threading.Monitor.Enter(Object obj)"??? How does that help me to pin down where the problem is in my bundle?

6. Someone should tell Micro Focus that they have a spelling error. The string should be 'BUNDLE:BundleStateErrror', NOT 'BUNDLE:BunldeStateError'

7. Does the section called 'System.Threading.Monitor.Enter' tell me anything? Also, notice that the third line under this section is truncated "Novell.Zenworks.AppModu}".

8. Same question for the 'Additional Information' section. How is this useful to me? What does it tell me?

9. Is there a document that explains how to decode these error messages so you can figure out what needs to be fixed?

Thanks,

Dan