Micro Focus Storage Manager 5.0 Now Available
Storage Manager 5.0 for Active Directory
New to this version:
1. Re-branding: This is a completely re-branded Micro Focus product. Wizards and login screens have been given a Micro Focus branding makeover. As part of the re-branding work, we gave the administrative tool, now named SMAdmin, a makeover as well.
2. Action Blocks: Action Blocks are a new feature in Storage Manager that allow the sharing of specific policy options among multiple policies. This eliminates the need for policies to inherit from each other and promotes the sharing of general and often repeated policy options such as groom and vault rules.
3. Extended Capabilities for Non-Policy Managed Storage: In version 4.0, we introduced the ability to copy data across the network without the need for a policy. This ability to perform actions without the use of a policy has now been extended to include File Grooming.
4. AD to AD Cross-Empire Data Migration: This new feature allows you to migrate data from Active Directory forest to another. Similar in approach to the previously-available eDirectory to Active Directory Cross-Empire Data Migration, this feature uses an easy-to-use wizard interface.
5. And More: In addition to a number of bug fixes, we’ve improved the speed of data copying and migrations.
Storage Manager 5.0 for eDirectory
New in this version:
1. OES 2015 Large Volume Support: Support for OES 2015 large volumes for Open Enterprise Server 2015 in an eDirectory environment.
You can download both ISOs here.
You can access the new documentation here.