Hi Folks,

I'm struggling with suddenly occurring crashes of the Novell GroupWise 2014 R2 (Program Release 14.2.0, Build Number 123047) client installed locally on my Windows 7 laptop. The crashes don't seem to be triggered by a certain action I take. They also happened already when GroupWise was just open in the background without any user interaction. For some time I had suspected that it had something to do with the ongoing spell check (i.e. while typing) being enabled but disabling it didn't make the crashes stay away. On some (rare) days there is no crash at all and on other days I see three or four within half an hour. Fortunately, GroupWise has always saved a quite recent backup in its "Work In Progress" folder when I restart the client after a crash so, yet, it hasn't been a big deal in terms of the amount of work lost by a crash. It's just a pain in the neck that it happens again and again.

From the Windows 7 Event Viewer I can see that each crash seems to be caused by an error in DBGHELP.DLL, e.g.:

Name der fehlerhaften Anwendung: grpwise.exe, Version:, Zeitstempel: 0x56eaeb7b
Name des fehlerhaften Moduls: DBGHELP.DLL, Version: 6.1.7601.17514, Zeitstempel: 0x4ce7b7bc
Ausnahmecode: 0xc0000005
Fehleroffset: 0x00033950
ID des fehlerhaften Prozesses: 0x19ec
Startzeit der fehlerhaften Anwendung: 0x01d20f31418ad3fc
Pfad der fehlerhaften Anwendung: C:\Program Files (x86)\Novell\GroupWise\grpwise.exe
Pfad des fehlerhaften Moduls: C:\Windows\system32\DBGHELP.DLL
Berichtskennung: 866ab633-7b28-11e6-9f69-681729eb75a2

(Sorry for posting this in English but I have no idea how to make the Event Viewer talk in an other language than German.)

I've already tried "sfc /scannow" but it found no problems with any DLL on my laptop. Our IT department uninstalled, cleaned and reinstalled the client - but the crashes continued to occur. So this post is nothing less than my last hope for some expert advice on how to fix this annoying problem.

Thanks in advance