This really isn't a support question, more of an advice seeking options question and possibly a discussion.

My organization has been notorious over the years for coming up with a limited time or possibly annual type of event which they want a special mailbox set up for, but the mailbox sits idle for the majority of the year. I'm calling it a non-user mailbox because there isn't a real user behind it, it is a mailbox set up that multiple people will proxy into and work out of. I'm curious if there is an easy concept to consolidate and use a single mailbox to function as multiple identities rather than having a single mailbox for each program. Right now I'm looking at almost 20 stand alone mailboxes with over 80 nicknames that I want to try to come up with a proposal to consolidate somehow.

What I am hoping to do is either designate or create a single mailbox for each department for their public campaigns. Ideally, what I would like to do is be able to send and receive email as the same address as the campaign from the main account which won't have the same name. For example, I would like to set up an HR@mydomain main account which the HR team would proxy into, with "nicknames" for TRAINING and EMPLOYMENT. Today with a similar setup if someone emails TRAINING or EMPLOYMENT the response will show as being from HR@mydomain. I can live with this, but if possible I would like to be able to allow staff to have an entire conversation with someone as that TRAINING or EMPLOYMENT identity.

Is GroupWise capable of doing something like this? Even if I need to use a 3rd party browser and IMAP or Mobility Services? Or if those of you that are reading this understand what I'm trying to do, what other options are there? At the end of the day, I'm trying to reduce the number of single purpose mailboxes that I'm creating and try to reduce the number of places that some of my staff have to check for messages on a daily basis just to do their jobs. Thanks!