Hi,

while evaluation IDM 4.6 contained Sentinel I set up iManager 3.0.2.1 to send audit events to NAudit/Sentiel.
According the iManager documentation I edited imanager_logging.xml and configured Logging to NAudit/PA in the iManager confuguration UI (under Security).

After restarting iMangager I am not able to login anymore. I can enter username/password/tree but nothing happens ....

The catalina.out is showing the following lines during my login attempt:

15-Mar-2017 08:32:27.728 INFO [localhost-startStop-1] org.apache.jasper.servlet.TldScanner.scanJars At least one JAR was scanned for TLDs yet contained no TLDs. Enable debug logging for this logger for a complete list of JARs that were scanned but no TLDs were found in them. Skipping unneeded JARs during scanning can improve startup time and JSP compilation time.
Initializing log4j with: /var/opt/novell/iManager/nps/WEB-INF/imanager_logging.xml
Initializing Novell Audit...
15-Mar-2017 08:32:28.783 INFO [localhost-startStop-1] org.apache.catalina.startup.HostConfig.deployDirec tory Deploying web application directory /var/opt/novell/tomcat8/webapps/ROOT
15-Mar-2017 08:32:28.873 INFO [localhost-startStop-1] org.apache.jasper.servlet.TldScanner.scanJars At least one JAR was scanned for TLDs yet contained no TLDs. Enable debug logging for this logger for a complete list of JARs that were scanned but no TLDs were found in them. Skipping unneeded JARs during scanning can improve startup time and JSP compilation time.
15-Mar-2017 08:32:28.879 INFO [localhost-startStop-1] org.apache.catalina.startup.HostConfig.deployDirec tory Deployment of web application directory /var/opt/novell/tomcat8/webapps/ROOT has finished in 93 ms
15-Mar-2017 08:32:28.884 INFO [main] org.apache.coyote.AbstractProtocol.start Starting ProtocolHandler ["http-nio-8080"]
15-Mar-2017 08:32:28.891 INFO [main] org.apache.coyote.AbstractProtocol.start Starting ProtocolHandler ["http-nio-8443"]
15-Mar-2017 08:32:28.895 INFO [main] org.apache.coyote.AbstractProtocol.start Starting ProtocolHandler ["ajp-nio-9009"]
15-Mar-2017 08:32:28.897 INFO [main] org.apache.catalina.startup.Catalina.start Server startup in 5704 ms
input to ShellCommand: rpm -q novell-oes-install
NetIQ JClient 4.00.0445-4.0.445. (c) 2013 NetIQ Corporation and its affiliates. All Rights Reserved.
input to ShellCommand: ndsconfig get n4u.server.interfaces --config-file /etc/opt/novell/eDirectory/conf/nds.conf | grep n4u
input to ShellCommand: ndsconfig get n4u.server.interfaces --config-file /etc/opt/novell/eDirectory/conf/nds.conf | grep n4u
Java HotSpot(TM) 64-Bit Server VM warning: You have loaded library /var/opt/novell/iManager/nps/WEB-INF/bin/linux/libnpkiapi.so which might have disabled stack guard. The VM will try to fix the stack guard now.
It's highly recommended that you fix the library with 'execstack -c <libfile>', or link it with '-z noexecstack'.

All configured audit events from eDirectory, NMAS and IDM running on the same server are send to sentinel.

BTW, this is my logevent.conf:
LogHost=172.16.253.120
LogEnginePort=1289
JLogCacheDir=/var/opt/novell/naudit/jcache
JLogCachePort=1287
LogCachePort=1288
LogJavaClassPath=/opt/novell/naudit/java/pa/NAuditPA.jar
LogMaxBigData=8192
LogCacheUnload=no
LogCacheSecure=no
LogCacheLinitAction=keep logging

Any idea? When I use the Syslog-Server configuration of iManager anything is fine - I can login and (some) events from iManager are send to Sentienl.

Kind regards,

Thorsten