Home

Thread: Customize Email Templates in FILR 3.1

Threaded View

Customize Email Templates in FILR 3.1

I am trying to figure out how to customize the email templates that are used to send emails from FILR. Specifically, the email that goes out to a new external user when a file is shared with that user and they are asked to register with the system. The text of the current / default email is as follows:

Authentication through OpenID is no longer supported. You must self register to gain access to the system. Please click on the link below to self register.

Self Registration Required
    Micro FocusFilr

I am told by Novell Support that these can be customized. There is a section in the documentation that discusses this here (Support pointed me to these): https://www.novell.com/documentation...emplates.html#

The documentation makes reference to these files below, which appear to be the key to the required customization changes.. But falls short in actually providing the necessary info to implement the changes. The text of the file is very limited and only contain a few instructions, and none of it includes the actual text body of the message.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	templatefiles.PNG 
Views:	17 
Size:	113.0 KB 
ID:	5726

The page also provides a link to a video that doesn't exist and Apache Velocity documentation (Suggested as helpful) that is a dead link. I am hoping someone can point me in the right direction. Where can I actually find the text that needs to be changed to customize these email templates?

Thanks.
    Last edited by marvhuffaker; 23-Mar-2017 at 09:24 PM.
    Marvin Huffaker
    Marvin Huffaker Consulting, Inc.
    http://www.redjuju.com