I am in the process of converting an GW8 Netware based Groupwise to GW2014R2 on Windows 2012R2 server. I have not finished the conversion, still in test mode. I noticed that there was a 14.2.2 support pack which I wanted to install. I brought up server.exe on the support pack and did the Groupwise server install of the support pack, no trouble. Then I attempted to install the support pack for webaccess. It goes along and pops up a CMD window indicating that it is configuring Tomcat and to wait that it may take a while. I went to a meeting for 1 1/2 hours and it was still at the same spot, CMD window sitting with the message. I cancelled it and retried. I waited 20 minutes and then cancelled it again. The webserver (IIS) is stopped. All of the agents are stopped.

I have tried to reinstall webaccess from 14.2.0 (initial version), but it just completes immediately, without doing anything. I tried renaming the folder where the software is installed to webaccess.old, hoping to convince the 14.2.0 install that webaccess did not exist on the server, i.e, a new install. This didn't work.

So, now I am between a rock and a hard place. I can't install the support pack for webaccess and I can't remove webaccess. So, I have no idea where anything stands.

How can I get this service pack installed?