Dear all,

Since i have installed a new server based off SLE12SP1 with ZCM 11.4 (latest) i am having issues with services services starting after a reboot (like after running OS-updates/new kernel)

Basically the process 'novell-zenserver' is not starting, unless i start it manually after the system has rebooted.

After a reboot of the system the following is seen :
Code:
~ # service novell-zenserver status
novell-zenserver.service - Novell ZENworks Server service
   Loaded: loaded (/opt/novell/zenworks/lib/systemd/system/novell-zenserver.service; enabled)
   Active: inactive (dead)
Running a
Code:
service novell-zenserver start
The server starts just fine and is from then on reachable, however, this means i cannot schedule a reboot of the machine without me actively monitoring to see if the service is starting up.

Specifics :

The machine is a KVM virtualised box on ProxMox , 8Gb mem, 4 Processors (2 sockets/2 cores)
(as written about in a separate thread)
When installed it was a SLE12 box, installed ZCM 11.4 , then applied latest ZCM update (11.4.3) , then upgraded OS to SLE12SP1
The zcm database (and audit) are on a separate host, done this with the help of TID's to move the internal db to a remote host, during the reboots the DB host is not touched, to ensure availabillity when server starts up (as dependancy)

Code:
:~ # systemctl cat novell-zenserver
# /opt/novell/zenworks/lib/systemd/system/novell-zenserver.service
[Unit]
Description=Novell ZENworks Server service
After=syslog.target network.target

[Service]
Type=simple
ExecStart=/opt/novell/zenworks/lib/systemd/system/systemd.zenserver start
Restart=on-failure

[Install]
WantedBy=multi-user.target
one thing to mention, i have tried after reading about systemd to switch to type=idle , however i did not experience any different behaviour.

The server itself is functioning fine, its just this startup thats been buggin' me even since this box went live.

Any clues as to whats causing this ?

- Michael