We are using the ZCM 11.4.2 agent on Windows 7 desktops. We are in the process of doing an AD migration. As part of this process a tool is run that points the new domain login to the profile for the old local user. This allows users to keep desktop, settings, etc. The old profile was originally created by a static DLU that was changed to dynamic prior to the AD migration. As part of the migration the DLU policy is unenforced. What we are seeing is that, despite being unenforced, the volatile DLU policy seems to be deleting the old local account/profile anyway. This is an issue because the old profile is being used by the new domain account.

We attempted to mitigate by changing the DLU policy back to static but that does not appear to have done anything.

Just wondered if anyone has seen this before or knows enough about the volatile cached DLU to tell me how it calculates the time. There is a registry key that I think is related (HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\ProfileList\<SIDofDLUUser>\DLUla stChangeTime) unfortunately I am not sure how to translate that back into a date. We are thinking of possibly just deleting this key.

Any thoughts are appreciated...